Uni whats my chances? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys I need some advice and info.

Well my first preference was a double degree at wollongong uni involving a b.commerce and a b.science(psych). I needed 84 uai.

Further down the list I put down just a straight b.commerce at woll which needs 81.

I got 80.3.

Theres not really any courses below the 80 mark which appeal to me at wollongong. So what I really want to know is whats my realistic chance of getting into my first preference (prob not that high) and whats my chance for my next preference, that being the straight b.comm. Cause it would kinda piss me off to think that I wont make it to uni cause of a mere .7 discrepancy... and I need to know relatively soon to organise a potential move down to wollongong.

So yeah, if u were in a similar position to me and still got in even though u were a few points off lemme know. Or even if you just know about this sought of thing. Wateva.

Thanx guys

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Apply for both courses and then apply for a basic course which you know you can get into. Tranferring internally at UOW is fairly easy, just have a look at the transfer faq in the UOW forum about the process. Just get a semester under your belt with easy subjects such as Aust101, STS116 or POL101 and get your credit average, and then transfer to your chosen degree and use those subjects as your elective subjects you need from the general schedule, don't risk a chance of not getting a place in uni just because you don't see a course you fancy, you get in and then worry about finding what course you want to do.

Aussiechick

HSC
I'd say you still have a fairly good chance.. especially if you're a local because of the 3 point thing. Even if you're not, you could get in anyway, I got my first preference when my UAI was lower that what I needed

HSC
Aussiechick said:
I'd say you still have a fairly good chance.. especially if you're a local because of the 3 point thing. Even if you're not, you could get in anyway, I got my first preference when my UAI was lower that what I needed
Yeah i heard about that but too bad i aint local. Probably wont get my first course choice but for the b.comm I'm hopeful. A friend of mine said u can organise an interview with someone from the uni, but i dunno if u can. Apparently it shows your commitment to the coure. Anyone know? But atm I guess its just a matter of supply and demand to see if I get a first round offer.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Marcus Aurelius said:
Yeah i heard about that but too bad i aint local. Probably wont get my first course choice but for the b.comm I'm hopeful. A friend of mine said u can organise an interview with someone from the uni, but i dunno if u can. Apparently it shows your commitment to the coure. Anyone know? But atm I guess its just a matter of supply and demand to see if I get a first round offer.
Just ring the Uni and ask them directly, the admin are good for things like that such as redirecting you, just don't trust them when it comes to them actually doing something themselves for you. At one stage they lost me on the university system and then suddenly found a duplicate of me and tried to get me to pay union fees twice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)