UniBar into Nightclub (1 Viewer)

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Read this in yesterday's TORCH newspaper.
---
Campus bar to nightclub
The University of Western Sydney Students Association (UWSSA) will reopen the Bankstown campus bar as a nightclub.
CLub Mac, as the bar is known, is closed and Mr. Grove is expecting the planning process with Bansktown Council will take 18 months.
Incoming president of UWSSA Ross Grove, said the proposal will no doubt cause controversy amongst the community when plans reach Bansktown Council for clearance, but people have to remember that life on campus strengthens the appeal of the university.
"W will be making bucketloads of money out of it, money that can be put towards improving student facilities and making a UWS a better uni to attend," he said.
"You can bet your bottom dollar that a good university in the area is good for the community."
Mr Grove said the Bansktown area would have a nightclub of its own, which would create local jobs for students and provide a quality alternative to those wanting to go out for a night on the town.
"I look forward to leading a student association that provides services and enhances life on campus," he said.
---

Thought you guys might be interested...

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
who the hell would wanna go to bankstown nightclub the roxy is lebbish enough as it is :/ imagine bankstown lol

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
BreaKing is exactly right. A nightclub in bankstown is a BAD idea. For the very fact that many of bankstown residents would go there simply because of the proximity to their homes. And, well, you would have to be an idiot not to guess which bankstown residents I am talking about.

Natstar, there are basically NO nightclubs in bankstown. This will attract many people, but the type of people you wouldn't want to attract.

Hmmm maybe a solution is to have rock music playing in there every night all night. strictly no house or "rnb"

Last edited:

= Jennifer =

HSC
one day i went to bankstown campus and i saw 2 security guards driving around in a jeep but with a manaquin in the back with a seat belt on...slightly disturbing

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
natstar said:
No, but they did stop a bunch of derro kids trying to steal stuff from the back of one of the residences...they race pretty fas across campus in their little jeep. Actually I wouldent underestimate any security officers that are a bit older. Most of the time they are better and stronger than the younger ones.
derro kids?
in western sydney?
no fucking way! :uhoh:

j_davo24

HSC
I can't see it happening to be honest. They'll need council approval as far as I know due to zoning (could be wrong) and with a lot of retirees and young families in the local community there is likely to be resistance.

I myself am opposed to it as a memebr of the community. The area is fairly quiet with a crime rate lower than most of the bankstown area. There is no decent public transport and none that runs in the early hours of the morning as far as I know, this means there will be large amounts of cars going to the venue, and is likely to attract "those people" others have mentioned before. If you want to go clubbing go to the city, you'll have a better time there anyway.

I also can't see them making as much money out of it as they hope. The building is only small and the facilities there are pretty bad. It wasn't much of a bar, so I don't see how they are going to make a half-decent night club.

Still good luck to them I guess...

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Whether the security is good or not doesn't matter.

If lebos (you know which ones i mean) are refused entry they kick up a fuss, call their cousins, might trash the campus, might at least bash a few patrons out of frustration (if their 'bitches' are there they will definently try and roll a few to look tough and hence, get ze laid by za glamaz..bro).

HSC
= Jennifer = said:
one day i went to bankstown campus and i saw 2 security guards driving around in a jeep but with a manaquin in the back with a seat belt on...slightly disturbing
i meant to start a thread on this here actually. I see it all the time. I guess its for a deterent effect?.. or comedy effect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)