UniLodge (1 Viewer)

ArtOfLosing

HSC
Is anyone else staying at Unilodge? I got in... for some reason. I'm staying in a 3 bedroom multishare apartment - should be good. I'm moving in on the weekend and went up for a look last week. It is very nice - all new and unlived in.
So, who else will I be meeting there?

Evilo

HSC
At the Sydney pre-departure evening i spoke to a few people who were going there. They all seemed very nice. It should look very suave considering you will be the first year. I wonder how the organised activities will compare with the other halls/colleges considering its an 'outside' company running the apartments. Good luck - i hope it all goes well. I hope i get to have a look inside someday and see how your apartment compares with my cell ;)

Venusian

HSC
im not but my friend just moved into a studio, and i cant say im a fan

firstly how ugly are the feature walls! not sure about the multishare setup but in her's she has one fluro green wall and the rest are a dirty olive/beige. And i pitty the people whose windows look into the internal corridor

Secondly it seems rather antisocial - its a bit sad how there's no O-week activities at all (ie youre suppost to meet people how???) and banning of alcohol in common areas (rriiiigght so everyone will just have parties in their rooms, how considerate for their neighbours!! more so the reason for the ban is that it may offend some cultures/religions, pffft they should seriously get over this PC bullshit)

I considered moving there but im so glad i didnt

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
What really suprised me is that apparently your keys will only open doors on the floor that you live on. So even if you do make friends on other floors, you have to call them to visit!

Evilo

HSC
neo o said:
What really suprised me is that apparently your keys will only open doors on the floor that you live on. So even if you do make friends on other floors, you have to call them to visit!
No fire-stairs? or do they have them so you can only open them from the inside/alarmed?

ikkyu33

HSC
so what was that fire earlier this evening around 8.40?

ArtOfLosing

HSC
I think it was just cooking related... i know that's what it was on wednesday. It could get very annoying to have to evecuate everytime someone burns their food (plus I think there's a fine of $500 everytime you get a firecall for your apartment - so watch the stove!)

But I'm enjoying unilodge - it definately has the best location out of all the residencies - less then 5 mins from both campus and the good shops, oh and the IGA across the street is very useful too.
Someone mentioned that they thought it was ugly with the frature walls and all, but I like them - my room is blue. Oh, and it does suck that some rooms have window into the corridor not the outdoors-ness...

L

littlewing69

ArtOfLosing said:
I think it was just cooking related... i know that's what it was on wednesday. It could get very annoying to have to evecuate everytime someone burns their food (plus I think there's a fine of $500 everytime you get a firecall for your apartment - so watch the stove!)

But I'm enjoying unilodge - it definately has the best location out of all the residencies - less then 5 mins from both campus and the good shops, oh and the IGA across the street is very useful too.
Someone mentioned that they thought it was ugly with the frature walls and all, but I like them - my room is blue. Oh, and it does suck that some rooms have window into the corridor not the outdoors-ness...

How is it socially??

ArtOfLosing

HSC
The social-ness of it varies. It is nothing like one of the other residential hall/colleges with all the extra oweek activities (however I'm sure that is in part due to the newness/ less setablished nature of it). But you do meet lots of people - in the lifts, the aforementioned evacuations and in the common room. Also it depends on the kind of room you have. I'm sharing with two people who I hadn't met before and we are getting along well. Then your roomies also have friends over which is another way to meet people.
Also the oficial opening is on Saturday(?) and the note in the lift says there will be social type things going on... not quite sure what it will involve but it should be good.
So, it is different (socially speaking) to one of the other campus options but it is still good.

RocketScientist

HSC
Im lookin at stayin at unilodge next year. I was wonderin what ppl can tell me bout info for a newbie for a 1 person studio, like costs n stuff like that. tanx!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)