Unit not showing up on platformweb (1 Viewer)

gt

HSC
Valledor said:
guys this is a joke. I enrolled last wednesday for law and my units are yet to show on pweb. i rang up the tutorial enquiry line and was told if there not up by the time i have to register which is thursday i have to ring up each of my unit co-ordinators and register through them, this is beyond a joke!!!!!!!!!
When i finish my law degree i think i might have to take legal action.
Same as me. Over the past three days I have made about 2 calls per day to try and get this sorted out.

As of this morning on their internal systems it showed me as being enrolled in my 4 units, but as of yet I can not access it externally.

I've already missed one tutorial registration period on Tuesday, hopefully I won't miss another and hopefully I can organise it with the unit co-ordinators/schools so I get the times I want for Tuesday as I was ready to go but obviously they weren't which is disappointing.

They haven't thought this through well enough, hopefully it won't be like this for the Spring Semester

Valledor

AJV@UWS_combined law
HSC
dont worry guys ive emailes each co-ordinator stating that if my units aren't up by tomorrow 10 am, i will challenge each to naked death match inside of a 20 foot high steel cage surrounded by barbed wire and an electric fence. Surely i will be able to use my gigantic rod to my advantage and defeat the masterminds behind this tutorial shit. Any one want to join me in bed?? or even in a sleeping bag on werrignton south campus outside building freaking BB although im studying at parramatta, UWS!! get your act together.

Valledor

AJV@UWS_combined law
HSC
natstar said:
Um its actually the admin you should be contacting.
I dont think you actually know what is involved when enrolling thousands of students at a multi campus uni, especially when it comes to students doing combined programs. You should actually think yourself lucky you even get to pick your class times, instead of rather being handed a timetable and stuck with it no matter whether you like it or not
And you know wat is involved Nat Star. When a UWS official states that it will be up on ur pweb no later than monday morning, i expect no less. No wonder ur marks have improved, looks like u've been getting involved with teachers, if you know wat i mean.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
hmm, i enrolled last friday, and i havent been confirmed yet. i called up UWS, and the lady on the other end said that she can see me as being enrolled, but it hasnt been updated on the server yet. they'd better do it quick, cos i am beginning to feel like i wont get my first priority tut.

Valledor

AJV@UWS_combined law
HSC
ok im sorry natstar, i think your a lovely person. Im just frustrated and i guess i took it out on you. i have committed a sin, please forgive me nat anyway as for mel, ur cool too.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I understand, I was in your situation and was lucky my units came up today, I hope for your sake they do come up for you, just keep checking before and if they don't hopefully they will work somethin out.

dude01

HSC
After going to the uni on tues and handing in my program variation form all my units were finally up correctly this morning! Still, I missed out on my preferred tut time for microeconomcs, which means that I will have to go to uni on fridays for ONE fucking hour. I e-mailed the course co-ordinator and he told me that there was nothing he could do... so my plan is to just rock up at the time I wanted anyway. I just can't believe they didn't tell me on enrolement/academic advising that one of our units wouldn't be available, so don't choose it. If they told us in the beginning everything would have been ok.

L

LaraB

dude01 said:
After going to the uni on tues and handing in my program variation form all my units were finally up correctly this morning! Still, I missed out on my preferred tut time for microeconomcs, which means that I will have to go to uni on fridays for ONE fucking hour. I e-mailed the course co-ordinator and he told me that there was nothing he could do... so my plan is to just rock up at the time I wanted anyway. I just can't believe they didn't tell me on enrolement/academic advising that one of our units wouldn't be available, so don't choose it. If they told us in the beginning everything would have been ok.

A note to everyone!

DON"T email coordintors telling them you want to be put in another tute if there is another one you can attend!

they don't care if you would prefer another timetable... if you can attend all the classes, that's all that matters..

and everyone - yes its shit that stuff doesn't go up on time but you aren't the only ones who have/had problems with uws admin... you learn to get used to it and find ways around it... but calling the uni over and over and over won't help... if they tell you that it's on their system, you just have to wait til it shows up on yours... if it's not logged on their system yet - calling and abusing student centre staff will not get you anywhere as they cannot just fix it for you.. there are procedures to go thru..

it's a bitch but the only thing that will get you anywhere will be discussing calmly with your coordintor your options... if you ask them for help rathe rthan make requests or demands they are more open to help you as they are just as sick of the bullshit of admin as you are and don't respond well to repetitive demands....

just be thankful that you actually get a choice... other unis, so many people automatic-register like a girl i tutored coz she didn't know there was another optino.. and she has 5 days a week, 9-11 or 10-12 and 3-4 or 2-4... which is just about as shit as you can get...

just register for the time being and once uni starts - speak to your coordinator again and explain to them your situation... if you don't work tell em you do:p and that you can't earn a living if you are stuck wit the timetable or something like that... don't just tell em it's coz the timetabke's too spaced out.... its one of those times when honesty usually doesn't get you very far:p

L

LaraB

Valledor said:
And you know wat is involved Nat Star. When a UWS official states that it will be up on ur pweb no later than monday morning, i expect no less. No wonder ur marks have improved, looks like u've been getting involved with teachers, if you know wat i mean.

Actually she does know a fair bit since she has been a student at the uni for far longer than you...

look... everyone.. you all needt o calm down and stop expecting people to just bow to your demands...

put it this way - if you had all your units come up and were enrolled in the tutes you wanted - how would you feel if your tute which was meant to be a maximuum of 20 students ends up with a 30 student class leaving inadequate time for tute presentations and thus reducing you ability to get good marks, because others constantly harrassed the uni demanding they be allowed into the tute...

admin are shit at uws generally, but around enrolment time, you cant blame them becuase there is so much to process and a lot of people fill in forms wrong and then have to do endless variations and then they get people calling and abusing them over and over and over about the same issue even though they told them they cannot do anything about it on that day...

take a chill pill guys.. it's not the end of the world... the worst that will happen is you have a spaced out timetable, it's not like you'r enot going to be 'unenrolled' or anything for failing to pick tutes... they will enable you to have a timetable taht allows you to go to classes.. it may not be your first preference but as long as you can go it is not that biga deal... plenty of us don't get a fab timetable for many many other reasons which cannot be challenged.. at least you have an avenue of redress to an extent:)

dark*sparkle

Fabulous Member
HSC
Valledor said:
guys this is a joke. I enrolled last wednesday for law and my units are yet to show on pweb. i rang up the tutorial enquiry line and was told if there not up by the time i have to register which is thursday i have to ring up each of my unit co-ordinators and register through them, this is beyond a joke!!!!!!!!!
When i finish my law degree i think i might have to take legal action.
if it makes you feel any better youre not the only one. i'm a combined law student as well and my units arent up yet either. so fingers crossed for tomorrow otherwise....

gt

HSC
Units came up at 7am in the morning.

The openings were pretty lame considering 2 days have passed, but I managed to get one of the times I wanted and the other one is just swapped instead of having the tute before the lecture, it is now after.

If a time slot has This tutorial may only be used if all other tutorials are full and say later all other tutorials magically become full, would that mean I could change the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)