Unit of Study Outlines (1 Viewer)

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
Can somebody give me a link to the Undergraduate Unit of Study Outlines? Thx

Collin

HSC
N/A
The handbook site is great. I downloaded the massive PDF handbook for the Science faculty and that has the info on all the UOSes within that faculty.

lozzie17

HSC
Hey, can someone please tell me what the student copy things are? Ie the things that you get at the student copy centre? My friend just asked me if I had them, and I am completely lost. Are they needed? Do they cost money?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
This is in the wrong thread but anyhoo...

Student Notes are also referred to as "readers" and are photocopied, bound books that are distributed by the University Copy Centre on the instruction of your lecturer, in direct relation with your course.

The main purpose is to provide you with a wider variety of sources for investigation, rather than the opinion of just one person in a textbook.

They are usually anywhere from $15 - $40 depending on the unit of study. They can be ordered online through MyUni/MyStudy. Some subjects may require you to get your readers from KopyStop on Mountain Street in Broadway.

Some subjects only have a reader, others have a reader and a textbook, others have no readers. It really depends on what your lecturer has decided upon.

Don't fret, you'll find out what you need in your first lectures.

lozzie17

HSC
Thankyou so much ujuphleg. I was stressing cause my friend was acting like I should know what they were and that I should have it before monday. Ta!

Collin

HSC
N/A
You don't usually have to have it by Monday (or first lecture), but it's often advisable to. Infact, the lecturers realise many people won't, so they often use a bit of the lecture itself to explain about these 'readers' and where to get them. Don't stress!

bubu

are readers lecture notes

and are these compulsory???

cause i bought them cause in the text book it said it was essential.. should i trust the book or wait till the lecture

thanks

bubu

i brought engg1801 lecture notes cause i thought they had readers in them as well, and they were the onli ones i could find relevant to engg1801

oh yeah... sorry it didnt make sense i was sort of in a hurry

its meant to read "are readers, lecture notes?"

oh and i mean in the lecture notes it stated that these notes where compulsory

and i cant wait till week 3, cause i need to get a move on cause the people in my course are extremely intelligent and i doubt i'll be able to compete and my computer skills in programming is like totally shithouse

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
ENGG1801 has no lecture notes. Just powerpoint slides. You're asked to buy two books, one from Coop for MATLAB and one from UCC for SolidWorks.

The book for MATLAB is useless, because they don't teach you crap in MATLAB, the programming is primary school level, and everyone gets near full marks. The assessments are ridiculous simple.

I would recommend you getting the SolidWorks book, although that is basically printed off the SolidWorks help topics. A copy of SolidWorks at home to practice on and do the final assignment (computer rooms will become a previous commodity) will aid you greatly.

Apart from that, I wouldn't even bother with the lectures and MATLAB labs (except when there's an assessment).

bubu

wat... ur kiddin i spent 24 dollars on pointless material....

it did cover matlab and stuff in it tho, so it might be the matlab stuff

and wats ucc, and how much is solidworks and will i need it for future years or is it a burn out waste of how ever much its worth

wont they give me a copy if i have a laptop????

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
dz said:
and i cant wait till week 3, cause i need to get a move on cause the people in my course are extremely intelligent and i doubt i'll be able to compete and my computer skills in programming is like totally shithouse
ENGG1801 programming extends to three things, if, for, while and even they are quite basic uses of it. If you do AMME1060 you do pretty much the same again, except cover the entire ENGG1801 matlab bit in a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)