Units of study help? (1 Viewer)

Arv21

HSC
So I'm trying to pick out what units I will do at Uni this year and am sort of considering Physics.

Reason I'm sort of considering it is because assumed knowledge is Maths Ext. 1 and I did General in High School. Now I did do Physics in HS as well (which is weird I know) and I did relatively well in it.

What I'm asking is if I would struggle with Uni physics without the mathematical background? I could do the bridging courses but I don't think you can do both the 2 Unit and the Ext. 1, because it would be like the ultimate cram if you did.

mcapuano

HSC
You should probably take the fundamentals of physics class [PHYS1111] course first and then take Physics 1A in semester 2. A lot of people say that university physics is mostly maths, so without a strong math background you would most likely struggle.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Which university?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You'll really have to bridge your maths to cope imho. Work hard in the hols to catch up and it could be achievable though.

A strong 2U candidate (90+) or a decent 3U person is normally the calibre need to do ok in USYD first year phys. So many 4U people in phys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)