University Admission Index. (1 Viewer)

thommy

HSC
N/A
I feel really bad, because there's a girl I know who tired so hard all year, 100%, and got >30, and I was probably, on average, at about 70% all year and got 82.55.

Also, people who put down others who get bad marks are evil, because some try really hardly. Yes, many do bludge and don't care, but many do try too.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
thommy said:
I feel really bad, because there's a girl I know who tired so hard all year, 100%, and got >30, and I was probably, on average, at about 70% all year and got 82.55.

Also, people who put down others who get bad marks are evil, because some try really hardly. Yes, many do bludge and don't care, but many do try too.
What's your friend going to do?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
thommy said:

Scaling and Moderation was probably the cause. It's sweet that you feel bad but you did your best and she did her best and that's all that can be asked of you.

She can still do a course at TAFE and transfer to uni later on so it doesn't mean she can't go to uni.

Yes, although I think some people don't realise. In their own bubble so to speak and don't realise how other students fair that go to schools they may not even make the top 200 or come from disadvantaged backgrounds/had a hard year etc. Especially this time of the year everyone is thinking for themselves mostly (some exceptions).

JJBearPaw

HSC
it's funny, I checked out alot of peoples UAI's on this site and they were mostly 90's! I mean, my friends are generally 70's and 80's.
It depends who you're with and your environment as well.

70 for someone might be really good for someone, and really bad for someone else. Either way, you're right, it's not cool to bag out people who *you* think didnt go well.

thommy

HSC
N/A
JJBearPaw said:
it's funny, I checked out alot of peoples UAI's on this site and they were mostly 90's! I mean, my friends are generally 70's and 80's.
It depends who you're with and your environment as well.

70 for someone might be really good for someone, and really bad for someone else. Either way, you're right, it's not cool to bag out people who *you* think didnt go well.
Most of my friends, including me, got 80's. She and another wre the only two that didn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)