University Prizes (1 Viewer)

frenchie

HSC
Having just received the yearly results slip, added to the bottom was a note about receiving a university prize for one of my units. Does anybody know if that's the extent of it, or does each faculty host some day where you are given something such as a certificate?

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
wow congrats! that means u came top of the unit! (or second... depends on the unit). Usually the prizes involve a cash payment of some sort. I know last year for my entomology uni the prize was $1000. Depends on the faculty i suppose, they'll probably contact you later on.

Super Pig

Full time Bludger
HSC
Yeah the prizes are listed in the faculty handbooks. It really depends on the faculty. I think for the commerce faculty, almost the first place of every course gets a prize of at least $500. Not that fortunate for the Science ppl though. In maths, only the top guy of the whole year gets prizes ... one of them is a book voucher :(

frenchie

HSC
Lol thanks for the replies.

I imagine Commerce prizes are quite impressive because they are given on behalf of some company with lots of moolah.

My unit was in the Arts faculty, so I'll prepare myself for something rather modest.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
congrat =)

simultaneously i am jealous too =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)