University Timetables: Basic Rules for Freshmen (1 Viewer)

LordPc

HSC
dunno if this has been said but another important thing to do is to put tutorials and labs for different courses on different days. whenever you have tests at uni they are held in tutorial and labs. so never having two tutes on the same day means you can focus on one course per night and you never have to study for two tests which are on the same day

Kelly47

HSC
has anyone from newcastle done their timetable yet? if i do my timetable am i stuck in that course and that uni, no second round offers?
Depending on the course, it's very unlikely you'd be able to register for your classes yet. You can design your 'ideal' timetable, but registration doesn't open for a couple of weeks. See here for times:Registration dates / Enrolment / Study Options / The University of Newcastle, Australia

Oh and I don't think you'll be stuck in the course/uni until the census date, which is a few weeks or so after semester begins anyway.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
dunno if this has been said but another important thing to do is to put tutorials and labs for different courses on different days. whenever you have tests at uni they are held in tutorial and labs. so never having two tutes on the same day means you can focus on one course per night and you never have to study for two tests which are on the same day
So do they hold exams in just tutes or labs as well? :/

LordPc

HSC
end of semester exams are done at randwich racecourse in massive halls which hold a couple hundred students.

but throughout the semester, the class tests (such as the 4 you will sit in math1131/1141/1081) will be done in tutorials and you usually have to have a bunch of work prepared before you go to your lab each week (phys/comp) in order to get marks

so spreading out tutes and labs is advisable, but that doesnt mean that having two tutes on the same day equals death, just means you will need to make sure you are on top of things and dont fall behind

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
end of semester exams are done at randwich racecourse in massive halls which hold a couple hundred students.

but throughout the semester, the class tests (such as the 4 you will sit in math1131/1141/1081) will be done in tutorials and you usually have to have a bunch of work prepared before you go to your lab each week (phys/comp) in order to get marks

so spreading out tutes and labs is advisable, but that doesnt mean that having two tutes on the same day equals death, just means you will need to make sure you are on top of things and dont fall behind
Oh i see. Thanks you so much! It's all so clear now :D

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Is it advisable to completely segregate my subjects across four days? I don't want to cram them over three days because I want to dedicate entire days solely to one subject.

i.e
Monday - Law Unit 1
Tuesday - Law Unit 2
Wednesday - Arts Subject 1
Thursday - Arts Subject 2

Benefits and drawbacks of doing this???

Cheers.
Benefits: Good idea for handling study pressure and if you have exams.

Drawbacks: You have to go four days a week. This costs money, reduces possible part-time work hours and may not always be perfectly possible.

I would recommend that because you're doing two Arts courses, which will be piss easy, just have those two on the same day and spread out the Law courses.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Keep in mind that not every subjects has you do exams, or even homework for their tutorials. Therefore, the is no need to space these ones out.

sam5

HSC
my timetable looks like zacksmax's.

And for all u sudney pple winging and whining that u have to go 4 days a week, u need to look outside the box.

Here in newcastle, some studients have inflexible timetables and have to do 5 days a week (like me).

LordPc

HSC
anybody that whines about having to go 5 days a week is a baby. did you somehow forget your previous 13 years of schooling?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
my timetable looks like zacksmax's.

And for all u sudney pple winging and whining that u have to go 4 days a week, u need to look outside the box.

Here in newcastle, some studients have inflexible timetables and have to do 5 days a week (like me).
Also here in Newcastle, no-one cares about our shitty bogan town.

AvalonPrincess7

Lost in Chemistry Fog
HSC
Yeah I have classes five days a week to, not bad layout though I have it organised so I only have one 9:00 am class, and that's on Friday (so I can drive the five hours to home then if I want to). The rest of the time it's mainly late morning afternoon classes, with 1-3 hours each day, with eleven hours contact time all up. But I also will be living on campus across the road from the building most of my classes will be in which makes things easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)