UNSW AAA scholarship (1 Viewer)

acemusic415

HSC
Hey guys,
On the day before graduation, my careers adviser approached me and said she was going to nominate me for a scholarship because I received Dux. Though she didn't really specify as such, the closest she said was a UNSW scholarship - that would imply the UNSW AAA Scholarship. I never had a chance to really double check because of exams. The next time I can double check is this following Monday which is past the nomination deadline.

Am I just over thinking at this moment? There's a thought in the back of my mind, she didn't nominate me. Is there anyway to know I did get nominated?

Cheers

D94

HSC
N/A
You could possibly call the UNSW Scholarship office to check on it. I'd say it's the AAA.

D94

HSC
N/A
Most likely if you are receiving a scholarship, that is if you are certain you got it. I reckon call them up and ask if your school had submitted a student for the AAA, and if they say yes (not too sure how much info they can tell), then inquire if it was you (in some way which doesn't sound dodgy).

Or, you could try and email your teacher as well, maybe through the DET system, or even calling the school, but you better be quick.

kangy93

HSC
Approach your teacher and ask her cuuzzzzz

Walk in and ask them: DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?
Like a baus :D

acemusic415

HSC
Hey guys,
I just received the UNSW AAA scholarship and to be honest, is it just plain weird that I can get into combined law with 95? Technically, I can get in with 94.6-94.9 and this is not to mention my application of EAS and the use of bonus points.

So essentially, I could get into Combined Law with 94 or even 93 as I have two forms of disadvantage.

I just pondered over the mere fact that I didn't have to work so hard to get into Combined Law. Probably unfair, but it just saves me a year from doing a transfer or going to UWS or perhaps Macquarie etc.

So what are your thoughts on this?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
There are more pressing issues in society. If you can't distinguish whether it is righteous or not to accept the scholarship into law (or whatever), then that's a bit concerning. Take every ample opportunity in this world - I say.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Hey guys,
I just received the UNSW AAA scholarship and to be honest, is it just plain weird that I can get into combined law with 95? Technically, I can get in with 94.6-94.9 and this is not to mention my application of EAS and the use of bonus points.

So essentially, I could get into Combined Law with 94 or even 93 as I have two forms of disadvantage.

I just pondered over the mere fact that I didn't have to work so hard to get into Combined Law. Probably unfair, but it just saves me a year from doing a transfer or going to UWS or perhaps Macquarie etc.

well mate theres heaps of ppl from low ranking schools in ur situation. just take the scholarship and use it to your advantage. i mean ur atar aim is 99+ so u tried hard throughout the year at least even if you didnt need to. so u deserve it. :)

acemusic415

HSC
There are more pressing issues in society. If you can't distinguish whether it is righteous or not to accept the scholarship into law (or whatever), then that's a bit concerning. Take every ample opportunity in this world - I say.
Definitely I'm using this to my advantage though I just find it pretty the situation pretty strange in terms of the mark i need to get.

jaychouf4n

HSC
It's an okay scholarship, but it definitely needs to be scaled to provide less bonus points the higher the ATAR requirement.

I had a friend last year who couldn't get into UNSW Law with 99.6. I myself and a few other friends couldn't get into Law with 99.5,99.45,99.4 the previous year.

When you actually get into law, you realise most of the students are in on bonus points, which is a bit annoying. So you've got students who get in with 94,95 and 96. You kick yourself for not applying for bonus points.

acemusic415

HSC
It's an okay scholarship, but it definitely needs to be scaled to provide less bonus points the higher the ATAR requirement.

I had a friend last year who couldn't get into UNSW Law with 99.6. I myself and a few other friends couldn't get into Law with 99.5,99.45,99.4 the previous year.

When you actually get into law, you realise most of the students are in on bonus points, which is a bit annoying. So you've got students who get in with 94,95 and 96. You kick yourself for not applying for bonus points.
That must suck. Apparently most people who do law are from transfers as well, is that true? I'm supposing not many people actually meet the undergrad cutoff?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^but you cannot apply for that scholarship. School gives that to the top student in the year so it's automatic. But I do agree it is very unfair. I got it and I think it's unfair too. I wish I could give my bonus points to someone else coz i didnt need it

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Hey guys,

take advantage of it, you earned it so its not an unfair advantage by any means

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hey guys,

My thoughts? Congratulations on getting the AAA scholarship and don't worry about bonus points. You earned it.

I got the AAA, I didn't make it into the course I got in now via achieving the actual ATAR cut-off, but the ATAR isn't a true measurement of ability anyway. I got probably one of the lower ATARs of all the people doing my degree, and yet I outperform a good proportion marks-wise.

There is a slight unfairness to bonus points, but if people who got like 99.5 or so really want to get into Law, they'll be able to transfer.

acemusic415

HSC
Thanks for your thoughts guys. Its good to know that I'm not alone - I just feel bad for heaps of people who don't actually make it in, whereas I have bonus points flying my away coupled with $4000 :D. Does anybody know when an offer is given? Main rounds? Is that when they consider all forms of bonus points etc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)