Unsw access scheme (1 Viewer)

EinstenICEBERG

Einstein V2
HSC
I heard from teachers that we get maximum bonus 10 points?

is this correct? from EAS?

nifkeh

HSC
yes for certain unis, for UNSW it is up to 10 bonus points only in the access/EAS scheme

Afridi25

HSC
N/A
What constitutes maximum points? Has anyone out there ever received the full 10 points and if so, kindly shed some light as to how this was the case.

Would a severe illness spanning more than 2+ years + an extreme family disruption for year 12 constitute 10points?

Frostbitten

HSC
What constitutes maximum points? Has anyone out there ever received the full 10 points and if so, kindly shed some light as to how this was the case.

Would a severe illness spanning more than 2+ years + an extreme family disruption for year 12 constitute 10points?
I think the system works like this:

Provided you fill out the form correctly and provided the necessary supporting documents for one of their disadvantages categories, you will be accepted into EAS.

You are pooled with everyone else who applied for EAS, ie the people who did disruption, financially disadvantaged, illness or injury etc are all treated as equal. I theorise this as the universities are not given any information from UAC about EAS apart from the fact they are on it, pretty much that the students situations aren't revealed.

The university will then determine if someone is eligible for their little EAS scheme depending on the amount of people applying for it.

Depending on how many people they want to accept on EAS that year will correspond to the bonus points they give out.

Overall the whole system is quite secretive though, all the processes are quite confidential.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I think the system works like this:

Provided you fill out the form correctly and provided the necessary supporting documents for one of their disadvantages categories, you will be accepted into EAS.

You are pooled with everyone else who applied for EAS, ie the people who did disruption, financially disadvantaged, illness or injury etc are all treated as equal. I theorise this as the universities are not given any information from UAC about EAS apart from the fact they are on it, pretty much that the students situations aren't revealed.

The university will then determine if someone is eligible for their little EAS scheme depending on the amount of people applying for it.

Depending on how many people they want to accept on EAS that year will correspond to the bonus points they give out.

Overall the whole system is quite secretive though, all the processes are quite confidential.
This is the case for UNSW, they wouldn't tell me how many points i would get :L

UTS on the other hand are very open about it, they actually sent my school flyers to give to students saying we have 10 points given based on the "SO1A" socioeconomically disadvantaged section of EAS.

PakiPrince

HSC
Unsw 10 points for EAS....

So if a guy got 90ish atar, got 10 points as assessed by unsw. A selection rank of 100 would be a consequence, thus guaranteeing entry into law.

I think that's how it would work. Although I've never heard of anyone entering into law through the above 10 points procedure. But it is possible.

INADIKAP95

HSC
N/A

I rekn that would be around 5-7 points. Less than 0.2% actually get 10 points btw, as stated by unsw.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Unsw 10 points for EAS....

So if a guy got 90ish atar, got 10 points as assessed by unsw. A selection rank of 100 would be a consequence, thus guaranteeing entry into law.

I think that's how it would work. Although I've never heard of anyone entering into law through the above 10 points procedure. But it is possible.
Not what i meant, yes both UTS and UNSW offer 10 points for EAS but that is the maximum. Not all people getting EAS will be eligible for all 10 points, in most cases it is just 5 from UNSW from what i have heard.

What i was saying was that UTS are open about how many points you get for each area (in my case), whereas UNSW aren't.

PakiPrince

HSC
I heard uts gives you 10 points regardless of degree of difficulty whereas unsw gives you points based on degree of difficulty.

It's true, unsw are very vague about the access scheme procedure. A friend of mine was awarded 8 points and got into med at unsw - was a refugee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)