UNSW Engineering Transfer (1 Viewer)

KM07

HSC
N/A
I got my ATAR back and got in the 75-80 region. I need to get into an UNSW Engineering degree. How does Internal Transfer work and how easy is it to transfer to another degree at UNSW? Which UNSW course should I get into so I could transfer by getting WAM greater than 65? Please provide me examples of courses.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Internal Transfer lets UNSW students transfer within degrees, subject to academic performance

If you're smart and you apply yourself, you should be able to get most transfers

Doesn't matter what degree you're from, it just matters how well you go in your courses

Like I transferred from Commerce/Adv Maths to Arts/Adv Maths, the requirements iirc were 70 WAM overall and 80 WAM in my maths courses - these are minimum requirements, and as they go by supply/demand, the higher your marks, the easier your transfers will be

KM07

HSC
N/A
Hi, so can I put down a preference for any course which is my cutoff zone? So I could transfer later? And one more thing, do transfers only happen after first year. Or can you transfer in second year or so?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah, you have to get into UNSW first if you want to do any internal transfer

And you need one year's worth of uni usually before you can start doing any internal program transfer - after that, you can apply for transfers every semester if you want

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)