Unsw Med First Round Interviews!! (1 Viewer)

guesswho

HSC
hey i don't think anyones got an invite

yess..... still hope

maybe we'll all get it tommorrow...

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by guesswho
hey i don't think anyones got an invite
Damn timmy and Jethro! Getting my hopes up and all... :p

I hope they're not kidding, (at least timmy admits he was mucking around).

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Huy, do you have a quote or something from UNSW that says that the invitations are only by post?
Otherwise i'll be worried.

Saul

*ss
HSC
jet is full of shit, timmy i hate you, you made me cry, im gonna go kill you all. especially you jet, fag fag fag.

(and dude, def email too)

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
Jethro... LOL.

Anyway, the email, and I quote:

Main Round Interviews - Interviews are being held from Monday
September 29 to Friday October 3, 2003 inclusive. Offers to attend these interviews will be emailed and mailed to applicants on Monday September 15 or Tuesday September 16, 2003. We will notify applicants who were not selected for the main round interviews (by email) by Friday September 19, 2003. Applicants are selected for the September/October interviews on the basis of a combination of their academic results (actual or predicted) and UMAT results. (Please note that we are unable to give out information regarding UMAT results to applicants.)

Final Round Interviews A smaller number of interviews will be held
in the final round of interviews on Monday January 5 and Tuesday January 6, 2004. Offers to attend these interviews will be emailed and mailed to applicants on Monday December 22, 2003. Applicants actual academic results will be used for selection for the January interviews (again together with the UMAT results).

We anticipate that we will interview 450 to 500 applicants over both interview sessions from almost 3,000 applications that were received.
So yes, there it is in bold, my guess is that they will send via mail for all applicants, but email for those who have supplied an email address( ? ).

In anycase, perhaps they will email tommorow, as most (snailmail) post to will take atleast 1-2 days, while email is virtually instant. This way, most people will be notified at the same time, with both mediums of communication.

Alright, I'm thinking too far into this, g'luck to all :)

Jethro G

Ha ha ha! You dumb bastard! It's not a schooner...
i, of course, would never lie...

neither would i do a umat test unless i was interested in a uni course i needed it for...

just exposing the full-of-shit-ness that t-i-m-m-y was beingness... for my good friend saul (smegma-eating shnoodler that he is) ...

and ye... you guys are fun to toy with

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
Originally posted by Jethro G
neither would i do a umat test unless i was interested in a uni course i needed it for...
Yeh, I didn't see you there freezing on that July morning... *sighs*... memories...

Huy

HSC
N/A
Bloody hell, would people stick to the truth! (Module C: Representation and Text/ Elective 1: Telling the truth LOL :D :p)

Thanks for the Delta32, looks like I didn't receive any new mail/emails ;)

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
For the benefit of those who have lost or never received the emails:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 4 September 2003 2:09 PM
Subject: Important dates - Applications to UNSW Undergraduate Medicine Program

Dear Applicant

This is a global email to all local applicants (i.e. Australian citizens and permanent residents and New Zealand citizens) for entry to the UNSW Medicine Program in 2004. It is intended as a reminder of important dates in the admission process:

Application through UAC If you have not already done so, please
ensure that you submit an application to UNSW Medicine Program with the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) by September 30, 2003. Further information is available from their website (www.uac.edu.au) or the UAC 2004 Guide available from newsagents. The telephone number for UAC is (02) 9752 0200. The UAC code for Medicine is 428000. Please note that this application is quite separate to the application and CV that you have already submitted to the Faculty of Medicine earlier this year.

Main Round Interviews - Interviews are being held from Monday
September 29 to Friday October 3, 2003 inclusive. Offers to attend these interviews will be emailed and mailed to applicants on Monday September 15 or Tuesday September 16, 2003. We will notify applicants who were not selected for the main round interviews (by email) by Friday September 19, 2003. Applicants are selected for the September/October interviews on the basis of a combination of their academic results (actual or predicted) and UMAT results. (Please note that we are unable to give out information regarding UMAT results to applicants.)

Final Round Interviews A smaller number of interviews will be held
in the final round of interviews on Monday January 5 and Tuesday January 6, 2004. Offers to attend these interviews will be emailed and mailed to applicants on Monday December 22, 2003. Applicants actual academic results will be used for selection for the January interviews (again together with the UMAT results).

We anticipate that we will interview 450 to 500 applicants over both interview sessions from almost 3,000 applications that were received.

Category Preferences If you have not already done so, please
complete the category preference information form online, as instructed in our email of August 20, 2003. Your preferences must be entered by Friday September 19. Full details and the online preference form are only available at the following website address:

http://notes.med.unsw.edu.au/medicalbonding.nsf/website/Notice

Further information on the new category Bonded to Areas of Workforce Shortage should be available from the website http://www.health.gov.au/workforce in October 2003.

Change of Contact Details Please remember to advise us of a change
in your contact details.

UNSW Expo 2003 and Courses and Careers Day is on this Saturday
September 6 2003. For more information, visit the university website:

http://www.unsw.edu.au

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Regards

Mary Stringer
Selection Assistant

Jethro G

Ha ha ha! You dumb bastard! It's not a schooner...
oh i was there...

im a test administator/supervisor...

saul... the punishment for kicking a teacher is expulsion i believe

the punishment, therefore, for kicking the baddest of bad-ass teachers of the gospel of dopeness-foshizzel is circumcision with a rusty fork.. .but for your kind, my friend, its the whoole thing....

edit: holy shit you guys are uptight... chill out, get off these damn boards and study so you can actually get the marks for medicine... gaaa daym! smoke some grass... it may just help

Last edited:

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
I actually agree with Jethro... I think it is best if everyone *tries* to remain, remotely calm, hehe,.. alright, I know I'm asking the impossible...

still, remember, not the end of the world........

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Delta32
For the benefit of those who have lost or never received the emails:
I posted the same email in another Medicine/UNSW thread ;)

edit: holy shit you guys are uptight... chill out, get off these damn boards and study so you can actually get the marks for medicine... gaaa daym! smoke some grass... it may just help
No, I think it's because all of us are anxious and nervous about receiving (if any) mail/emails. And to hear other people receive them, "jokingly" gets everybody's hopes up, only to find out that one or two were pretending/joking about the whole thing and didn't receive anything.

It's just off-putting when you're really expecting the email/mail, and somebody makes a joke about it.

For example:
December 19th, UAI's come out.

"Your UAI is - 99.90

.. just kidding, we don't have your HSC results yet (akin to UMAT results), so come back in 1 day when we've calculated your real UAI"

something like that... but you know what I mean?

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ~TeLEpAtHeTiC~
has ANYONE...TRUTHFULLY....or know of ANYONE how has gotton a letter or email..... remember...TRUTHFULLY
Nope.

This is what I was talking about on the previous page(s).
Some people love yanking your chain... :rolleyes:

:)

Huy

HSC
N/A
actually i really do have an email...
it came with an attachment telling me i was great
:rolleyes:

I'll be back later, gone to do a past trial paper.

Good luck everybody with any emails/letters that have yet to be received :)

nerdd

ahhhh you guys are mean :p heheh
i must admit although i'm over it, my heart did kinda sink cause i was rejected

but still. NOW.. i know that i'm not rejected... yet :p hehehehe
i still want to do Commerce/Arts anyway lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)