UNSW Open Day (1 Viewer)

kokodamonkey

HSC
yeah i got free pens and kept taking the bags, putting them in my backpak then going up asking for more ha :D

i reckon business is better at unsw, but languages/arts better at sydney.

zagga20

HSC
my feet hurt ; ;

I didnt think there would be so much walking, the map made it look like everything was close together =\

It was a great day though, did anyone go to the nanotechnology lecture? the lecturer was pretty funny.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
@zagga: Lol you'll be doing that every day if you are planning to study at UNSW. XD If you're unlucky in first year, you might get one lecture at the top near Med Faculty, or one at the bottom of the campus right after.

kloudsurfer

HSC
I didnt get any freebies!!!!!!!

Oh well, it was still worthwhile. Id never been there before yesterday. Its a nice uni....but it has to many stairs!

And im definetly moving on campus if i go to UNSW. It took me 2 hrs 15 min to get there!

wind

HSC
Rekkusu said:
@zagga: Lol you'll be doing that every day if you are planning to study at UNSW. XD If you're unlucky in first year, you might get one lecture at the top near Med Faculty, or one at the bottom of the campus right after.
Could be worse...like at Usyd :p

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
$3.20 for a bottle of water? err

once you learn the ropes you'll learn where to get stuff at normal prices. hell unibar is actually pretty damn cheap during happy hour too compared to other places.

oh and there's free water at unibar :D

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Please don't come here. I don't need more first years crowding up buses and other parts of uni. Don't come here. I'll eat your babies.

Studly.McGee

Banned
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
It took me 2 hrs 15 min to get there!
Took me 7. :p

I like UNSW. And I don't know what everyone's problem with the walking is... It's only time consuming.

Evilo

HSC
Studly.McGee said:
Took me 7. :p

I like UNSW. And I don't know what everyone's problem with the walking is... It's only time consuming.
Last year the trains were off and we had to take buses - it took me 3.5hrs to get there :(

UNSW is a cement city - but it has a highly regarded engineering faculty. Choose a uni that suits your course, also UAI will play a part.

free-bird said:
OMG can u guys believe UNSW doesnt offer a course for primary teaching..liek absolutely no course... u cnt even do an arts degree den transfer..i couldnt believ it ....a waste of my hole day......
Try Notre dame (sp?) - my friend is there and he is having a great time

kokodamonkey

HSC
yeah i like the fact that everything is a LOT closer together..makes it easier to get around.. unlike at sydney and maq where its all spread out...

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Hey guys don't come here it's terrible. They charge you $5 to use the toilets.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Curry said:
Hey guys don't come here it's terrible. They charge you $5 to use the toilets.
To be fair, it's $5 for a day pass, not each time you use the toilet...

sangboi

HSC
u have to buy a toilet day pass? to use the toilet? really?

Sofstar

HSC
:|. UNSW was good. You guys have flashy cafes with cool seats! Do the free pens come in different colours? *gasp*

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Yes. It's $5 to use the toilets on a daily basis. So you just buy a $5 pass from espot if you feel like using it. Most of us usually just use one of our friends toilets in colleges or just go to maccas.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
hah, no they dont, i've been there 5 times this year, didn't have to pay anythin to use amenities, etc, except for parking.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Just because you walked in and got away with it doesn't mean they don't do regular patrols. You got lucky. They patrol some buildings not as heavily as others. Which toilets did you use and in which building?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
CLB ones, Red Centre and the ones across from the Red Centre, toilets in the Arcade near the Matthew's theatre's/med building. I've only seen security twice ever though.

Pfft, i don't believe you, i looked at espot and student services theres nothing about purchasing a toilet pass all it said is that you needed uni id and can be asked by security to present it.

Last edited:

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Red Centre they don't patrol that closely. The other two I guess you got pretty lucky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)