UNSW or UTS? (1 Viewer)

gunner94

HSC
Late round offers are approaching and I'm considering moving Construction Management and Property at UNSW as my first preference; to see if I could get in. Even though I've already accepted Construction Project Management at UTS, I feel like going to UNSW for some reason (maybe prestige :)). Are they both the same? Should I stick with UTS?

MathsIsWeird

HSC
Thats the course that i want to do aswell (unsw) not for the prestige but because i like the modules in it better, but CPM at UTS is way better if you plan on learning a new language or doing an overseas exchange. Besides Construction management at UNSW is always full the first round and they never make offers in subsequent rounds becase the coruse in such high demand.
The CPM at UTS is a good well rounded course, UNSW one contains alot of modules that arent directly related to the construction industry.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Try for it, and then make up your mind. :p

gunner94

HSC
What do you guys think of Interior Architecture? I'm considering this course too.

MathsIsWeird

HSC
What do you guys think of Interior Architecture? I'm considering this course too.
Architecure is a nice cushy job unlike the construction industry + lots of money (if you can find the work) we needed a heritage architect a week ago and she charged $175 an hour + $1200 for a 5 page report that can be done in 6 hours. Theres money in architecture if you can get the work so you need to work your way up.

gunner94

HSC
Architecure is a nice cushy job unlike the construction industry + lots of money (if you can find the work) we needed a heritage architect a week ago and she charged $175 an hour + $1200 for a 5 page report that can be done in 6 hours. Theres money in architecture if you can get the work so you need to work your way up.
I thought construction was the more 'cushy' job? Anyways, I've placed Interior as first preference and Construction as second. Both at UNSW.

pussaypatrol

HSC
I had the same problem as you, deciding whether to go unsw or uts. But in the end it was unsw because it just seemed more prestigious and I also wanted to focus more on property development.

Denn

HSC
UNSW is alright but I reckon attend the open days of all the big Universitys (UNSW,UTS,Sydney,Macq. maybe haha) then decide, talk to people, see if you like what they tell you. Whatever happens don't let someone else make the decision for you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)