UNSW O'Week Feb 24 - 28 (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Bambul
Oh, and you get a free can of V in your tour bag. I may tell you some more of the freebies as O-Week approaches. ;)
where do u get a tour bag?
do u have to go on a campus tour to get one?

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

I'm sure they'll be just handing them out on the broadwalk (as you come from Anzac Pde).

The broadwalk looks much better than it did just a few years ago btw. It was cracked concrete with a nature strip in the middle with raised mini-gardens every few metres...I remember one open day where they chucked 20c coins in and we had a go at finding them with a metal detector.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini

I'm sure they'll be just handing them out on the broadwalk (as you come from Anzac Pde).

The broadwalk looks much better than it did just a few years ago btw. It was cracked concrete with a nature strip in the middle with raised mini-gardens every few metres...I remember one open day where they chucked 20c coins in and we had a go at finding them with a metal detector.
lol thats lame. thankfully UNSW has come a long way!

B

Bambul

Originally posted by MinAi

Well duh!

I think you can get them otherwise, but if you want to be guaranteed to get one you need to go on a tour. We work out numbers by estimated tour sizes, so they aren't handed out willy nilly.

Unless the toilets are out of toilet paper. [hint hint] If it does, you may want to get a tour bag! :rolleyes:

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
w00t w00t. freebies! :D

i love all these little bags u get for free when u go to these things, lol.

hey, where can we get course manuals? i wanna know what i'm going to be doing in my courses. :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by FunkyFlava
w00t w00t. freebies! :D

i love all these little bags u get for free when u go to these things, lol.

hey, where can we get course manuals? i wanna know what i'm going to be doing in my courses. :)
everything is online these days
go to www.student.unsw.edu.au and follow the links to the WebCT

loziscool:D

lol last year you were supposed to do the campus tour to get the free bag of stuff..... but if you just go over to the tour people at like 4pm (when all the tours are over) they just give u one without going on the tour. But the tours are fun :D!!
And all the lectures and stuff at oweek that i went to last year were pretty much a waste of time. The faculty welcome was probably the only worthwile one......
oweek is fun0r :apig: i will be there :gridnod:

I

indian_legend

THIS HAS TO BE THE LAMEST EXCUSE FOR A BUNCH OF PPL

ONLY KIDDING!! LOL :p >-IO

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
surely u can't be Sourie...my eyes are decieving me right? right??

mannnnndy

chocoholic
now back to O week, has anyone learnt a useless fact or two after going on the campus tours? I did. I learnt that the building that I am meant to be spending most of my time in, is designed to collapse in on itself in the event of an earthquake. That is one fact I did not want to know, I would be much happier if the building was designed NOT to collapse at all. But if theres an earthquake at least I know how Im going to go out:rolleyes:

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
i learnt that UNSW has its own Stargate :p :D

and that that building opposite the red centre has a whole composition piece thing on the windows.

and to not fail ur first year courses or you'll be thrown out of the suicide door thing at the library.

hey, did any of you'se find out which theatres were haunted?

I

indian_legend

FOR THE LAST TIME IM NOT SOURAV INZAMAM OK..I KNOW HIM AND HE IS AN AUSSIE LEGEND AMONG THE CHICKS...THEY DIG HIS SKIN COLOUR AND HIS ATTITUDE WHICH ALL YOU LOSERS HAVE NONE OF......DONT CONFUSE ME WITH HIM ANY MORE AS WE ARE DIFFERENT PPL WHICH ONLY HAVE IN COMMON - GETTING HEAPS OF CHICKS.

mannnnndy

chocoholic
are you some kind of moron? (rhetorical question dont answer it) you started a thread called 'souries back' and we know from previous posts that sourie=sourav inzaman, so it is pretty damm obvious that it is you

I

indian_legend

sourie = sourie bitch...i thought you may be even slightly intellegente to maybe figure that one out!! sheesh!!! lmao at your stupidity...

i am sourie...my friend is sourav inzamam but we call him sourie...my nick is indian legend as that is how im known.....goddam u must be thick not to even figure that one out....well wth a name like mannnnnndy you must be...lol at your parents for picking such a stupid name!!:cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by indian_legend
sourie = sourie bitch...i thought you may be even slightly intellegente to maybe figure that one out!! sheesh!!! lmao at your stupidity...

i am sourie...my friend is sourav inzamam but we call him sourie...my nick is indian legend as that is how im known.....goddam u must be thick not to even figure that one out....well wth a name like mannnnnndy you must be...lol at your parents for picking such a stupid name!!:cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D
youve either contradicted yourself there with the sourie business, OR you have a multiple personalitity disorder. I think the latter is the case

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by mannnnndy
now back to O week, has anyone learnt a useless fact or two after going on the campus tours? I did. I learnt that the building that I am meant to be spending most of my time in, is designed to collapse in on itself in the event of an earthquake. That is one fact I did not want to know, I would be much happier if the building was designed NOT to collapse at all. But if theres an earthquake at least I know how Im going to go out:rolleyes:
The chem building? yeah, I heard that.

I also heard the petroleum building has blown up twice, so stay away from that.

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Ive heard a whole lot of stuff about the lack of petroleum eng students, but today I actually got to see *gasp* petrol eng students:eek::p there were 6 altogether.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)