UNSW rectangles- need help! (1 Viewer)

simi07

HSC
Hey
I am hoping to attend UNSW this year. I tried to put the core subjects in UNSW rectangle thing, however I couldnt find the following subjects that are stated in the Handbook:

Quantitative Analysis for Business and Economics
Economic Anlaysis

What do I choose instead of that? Also, UNSW rectangles arent always right yeh! Because I tried to put the subjects that came up instead of the ones above and it gave me 5 days, i hope i dont have to attend 5 days (especially when 1 day i'll be attending for 1 hour only- considering i'll be travelling 2 hrs to get to uni only)

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

HSC
ECON1401 EconomicAnalysis is only offered in semester 2

ECON1203 Quantitative Analysis for Business and Economics should be there

LordPc

HSC
What do I choose instead of that? Also, UNSW rectangles arent always right yeh! Because I tried to put the subjects that came up instead of the ones above and it gave me 5 days, i hope i dont have to attend 5 days (especially when 1 day i'll be attending for 1 hour only- considering i'll be travelling 2 hrs to get to uni only)
AFAIK rectangles is always right. it produces every possible timetable that you can make and displays them to you

there are options you know? so you can choose the days option to cut down on how many days a week you have to attend

HSC
AFAIK rectangles is always right. it produces every possible timetable that you can make and displays them to you

there are options you know? so you can choose the days option to cut down on how many days a week you have to attend
with 3 subjects a semester for commerce, the least number of days rectangles could give was 4, the most being 5.
I made my timetable by hand and fitted everything in 2 days

samthebear

HSC
How do you make your time table by hand? i'm also intending to study at UNSW this year and i put in the core subjects as stated in the hand book and i've got 5 days at uni no matter how i try to sort it.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Well that may just be how it has to be for you.

Simo91

HSC
How do you make your time table by hand? i'm also intending to study at UNSW this year and i put in the core subjects as stated in the hand book and i've got 5 days at uni no matter how i try to sort it.
You have to find the course handbook online and look at the times the classes are on yourself. Click on the name of the course you put in on rectangles and it should take you straight to the page. The link for class times is in the blue box.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Or you could go to this site:

Class Search by Teaching Period

On this website are the corresponding Subject Areas (ACCT, ECON, LAWS, ARTS etc..) and if you have the course codes (1501, 1202, 1052 etc..) ready, and incorporating an excel spreadsheet, it shouldn't be too hard to come up with one manually.

LordPc

HSC
with 3 subjects a semester for commerce, the least number of days rectangles could give was 4, the most being 5.
I made my timetable by hand and fitted everything in 2 days
im guessing that with only 3 subjects you probably got > 1000 timetables which reduces the effectiveness of the program

honestly, I dont think 3 commerce subjects is the target market, more like 4 engineering subjects

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
im guessing that with only 3 subjects you probably got > 1000 timetables which reduces the effectiveness of the program

honestly, I dont think 3 commerce subjects is the target market, more like 4 engineering subjects
Yeah + science kids.

Don't know why commerce kids would use it as much, probably better off manually doing it

HSC

Even 4 science subjects can give >1000 timetables and thus useless output. So you're probably right in that mostly engineering students use it, since apparently only 14% of requests are affected by the 1000 result limitation (see p46).

henry08

HSC
N/A
4 first year engineering subjects gave me > 1000 results.

ct92

HSC
I tried the Rectangles system and it gave me a few timetables with which I was happy. Is there any way to import that timetable into my account, or do I need to recreate it by hand?

~::UAI::~

Life is Wonderful
HSC
I tried the Rectangles system and it gave me a few timetables with which I was happy. Is there any way to import that timetable into my account, or do I need to recreate it by hand?
U need to add those class u want by urself ^^

sunny

meh.
HSC
How do you make your time table by hand?
oh god we're getting to the age where students aren't even making timetables for themselves! :p

in person enrolment < half working online enrolment < nice online enrolment < nice online enrolment + auto generated timetables

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)