UNSW student advice (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
People give advice to first years on something u wish u knew

also i will be asking questions here
do most people attend lectures or just wait for the recording then watch it when they want i.e only have to go on campus when they have tutorials ?

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
also, whats the best place to study in the campus.
like any specific room or spot and level in the library or other place??

asking for when im studying alone rn

requirements: must have privacy, rights to eat in that spot, has facilities that are useful, enough space, good wifi

also what general groups r there to join to stay up to date with whats happening in the campus, events, jobs, volunteering etc??

also not bothered to search 300 societies reccomend any good ones pls

Last edited:

carrotsss

HSC
join the societies for ur degree and then anything you’re personally super interested in/passionate about

also didn’t you do that last week

HSC

requirements: must have privacy, rights to eat in that spot, has facilities that are useful, enough space
Gatekeeping

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
join the societies for ur degree and then anything you’re personally super interested in/passionate about

also didn’t you do that last week
yes i did sign up using their google forms adn whatever that means

but to officially join them u need to go to arcunsw and join from their with ur account which is why im searching

all uni websites and stuff are 2010 coded someone needs to update them

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
yes i did sign up using their google forms adn whatever that means

but to officially join them u need to go to arcunsw and join from their with ur account which is why im searching

all uni websites and stuff are 2010 coded someone needs to update them
just worry about seeing their socials page (ig, fb etc), that's where you'll get notified of their events

People give advice to first years on something u wish u knew

also i will be asking questions here
do most people attend lectures or just wait for the recording then watch it when they want i.e only have to go on campus when they have tutorials ?
I'd do a bit of both, dependent on the class

also, one thing I would do if I were you, introduce yourself to people ... start that conversation. More often than not, you will have to initiate it

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
also, one thing I would do if I were you, introduce yourself to people ... start that conversation. More often than not, you will have to initiate it
yeah ik but like in my lectures with 800 people for ex no one seems interested they dont even look at u when u sit next to them
also by that logic hopefully other people apply it so i dont have to

carrotsss

HSC
yeah ik but like in my lectures with 800 people for ex no one seems interested they dont even look at u when u sit next to them
also by that logic hopefully other people apply it so i dont have to
Sit next to someone who’s alone, people already in a group usually won’t talk to you as much

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC

requirements: must have privacy, rights to eat in that spot, has facilities that are useful, enough space

also what general groups r there to join to stay up to date with whats happening in the campus, events, jobs, volunteering etc??

omg you should go exploring and find your own special spot

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
my advice from experience take university seriously, do not settle for an average wam it's just not good enough set the bar higher and you'll have more opportunities. attend all classes including lectures yes, it makes for a good habit to attend all your classes unless there's a clash or it's too overwhelming or ur sick or smth. another thing is that it's okay to fall behind don't beat yourself up about it however try to stay afloat if u know what I mean. lastly take care of yourself university isn't everything have a life outside of it, go to the gym, see friends, eat properly and sleep well 🌟🌟🌟

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
idk how y'all go from super scared of being doxxed to posting your location for every day in the week just sayin
pls i did this with my '23 friend but now they're rly close (pookie is the one exception)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)