UNSW vs UWS Med 2013 (1 Viewer)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
which uni (let's also include USYD for comparison's sake) has better medical equipment?

And which uni places emphasis on textbook, rather than practical experience (but still has a large practical component)?
I can't really comment on other unis since I haven't attended them all it would be difficult to make a fair comparison. However, I can say that UWS places a great deal of emphasis on clinical experience. You visit hospital from week 2 of your first year. First years go at least once a week to hospital, in 2nd year this becomes two days a week and from 3rd to 5th years you're at the hospital full time.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
so is social life better at USYD above UWS and UNSW ?? o_0
I'd wager the best social life is at UNSW considering USyd has to pay $8295792385623895628935 to even join a club in the first place plus the USU thingy (from what I've heard) - meanwhile you can join a lot of clubs at UNSW for like... well, $5.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd wager the best social life is at UNSW considering USyd has to pay $8295792385623895628935 to even join a club in the first place plus the USU thingy (from what I've heard) - meanwhile you can join a lot of clubs at UNSW for like... well, $5.
Try $0 at USyd.

HSC
youre all retarded.

do the shorter degree, get into the workforce and try to get into a fellowship program ffs. med school is like primary school in the grand scheme of things, and at the end of the day, all the schools are pbl, so you will get back as much as you put in. Study hard, be a good student, and it won't matter which school you go it.

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
youre all retarded.

do the shorter degree, get into the workforce and try to get into a fellowship program ffs. med school is like primary school in the grand scheme of things, and at the end of the day, all the schools are pbl, so you will get back as much as you put in. Study hard, be a good student, and it won't matter which school you go it.
yeah, i'd rather the shorter course because there's little/no discrimination for medicine applicants - all you need to do is pass the course.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
youre all retarded.

not true. if you have the opportunity to choose a Go8 university over a non-Go8 one, then go for the Go8 uni even if its 1 year more. if its between two Go8 unis then yes, go for the shorter one.
while its true that all medical schools train students up to a similar standard, it is naive to think that you will all be treated equally down the track.

Mdzabakly

HSC
not true. if you have the opportunity to choose a Go8 university over a non-Go8 one, then go for the Go8 uni even if its 1 year more. if its between two Go8 unis then yes, go for the shorter one.
while its true that all medical schools train students up to a similar standard, it is naive to think that you will all be treated equally down the track.
Which uni did you/are u attending?

Bearman

HSC
pls explain. who isn't going to treat all med graduates equally? if you're talking about hidden biases, i guess everyone should also work on being less black/asian/gay/whatever

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go UWS, hands down.
i'd like to think that i had a part in this preference

You mean besides them being disgusting and a disgrace?
notsureifsrs

anyway, yeah uws is pretty cool

dunno much about unsw, it also seems pretty cool

they are all the same, go to whichever one accepts you

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)