UPCOMING ENGLISH SEMINAR *providing extensive essay help+complete set of essays* (1 Viewer)

roy23

HSC
N/A
RUNNING A LECTURE AT PARRAMATTA LIBRARY

I got 96 for English Advanced and have 3+ years of experience tutoring students and hence believe that I have a sound idea of what it takes to succeed in this subject. A quick scan of my ad in the tutoring section should allow you to view comments by past tutoring students which hopefully affirms my ability as a tutor.

For those who hate reading, here is a summary of the wall of text that follows:

-A lecture will be run at Parramatta library on the 14th September

-The duration of this lecture is 3 hours

-It will include
a) going over 2 texts for each module in significant detail to shed light on aspects of the module you may not have focussed on
b) an extensive analysis of essays comparing by band 5 and band 6 essays to help you improve upon your essay
c) providing students with a complete set of essays for each module by 2 students (Jayson and Kevin) who both got 97 in English.

-Cost of attending the lecture is 60 dollars and spots are capped at 35.

-Email me at [COLOR="#FF0000"]a.roy.93@hotmail.com[/COLOR]/text me on 0431716069 if you are interested

For students who want a more detailed description, I hope that this wall of text will help.

Given that the HSC is around 2 months away, I hope to help students who did not fare as well as they would have liked to in their trial exams. To go about this i will be holding a lecture at Parramatta library on the 14th of September. A lot of my past lectures were free, but given that this lecture will go for 3 hours, the cost of attending this lecture is 60 dollars.
What will/wont i go over in the 3 hour duration?

1) Now we all know that students across the state do various different texts per module. Sadly I cannot go over each text for every module as the lecture would go on for far too long if I were to maintain my detailed approach. However I will target 2 texts per module to make sure the lecture helps more than just a handful of students. As opposed to broadly going over the module/text, I plan on giving you 2 to 3 detailed 'pointers' per text. I find that this approach is more beneficial given that your HSC is 2 months away as these pointers should directly help better your essay.

Here is a list of texts that I plan on going over:
For belonging-Romulus my father, Peter Skyrznecki poems
For Mod A- Frankenstein and Blade Runner, (not sure about the second text)
For Mod B- Speeches, Gwen Harwood poetry
For Mod C- Julius Caesar, Justice Game

2) We will then go over 'good' and 'bad' essays. This entails me de-constructing a band 5 essay to show you prominent and widely occurring flaws to make sure you do not commit these easily avoidable mistakes. Then we will go over a band 6 essay to further make evident the differences between a band 5 and band 6 essay. This in my opinion is where the true benefit of this lecture lies.

3) Finally Kevin Jiang and Jayson Jeganathan, both of whom got 97 in English have volunteered to give out their own essays for each module. I must briefly explain the purpose of this. Attending this lecture should help you look at their essays and recognise similarities between well written essays and thus allow you to work on implementing them within your own essay. You should not use them for mere plagiarism purposes. I cannot stress this point enough.

All the aforementioned details are tentative, if interested keep following this spot or feel free to email me if you would like me to add you to my list of 'potential attendees' where I will keep you posted with updates.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)