Updating drivers??? (1 Viewer)

chickadee17

ok

i am wondering if there is any such thing? I want to know if there is somewhere online where i can find out for FREE, what drivers i have in my computer aswell as updating them!! Is there any such thing???

Someone plz help!!!

fatmuscle

HSC
there is such a thing
but i can't remember the name...

bel-something???
can't remember it

u can do it the slow way and go to ur device manager and look through your driver details of each hardware piece.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by chickadee17
ok

i am wondering if there is any such thing? I want to know if there is somewhere online where i can find out for FREE, what drivers i have in my computer aswell as updating them!! Is there any such thing???
chikadee,

why do you want to update your drivers? are you after bleeding-edge performance? is a certain piece of hardware crashing because of driver instability? if not then i would advise someone who is a novice NOT to upgrade his/her drivers because it might lead to further system instability and loss of operatibility.

then again, if you really want to upgrade drivers, find out the make and model the following components and check up the relevant manufacturer's website:

motherboard BIOS (eg. VIA, Award etc)
motherboard drivers (eg. VIA Hyperion 4in1s)
videocard drivers (eg. nVidia Detonator XP, Radeon Catalyst)
soundcard drivers (eg. AC97, Creative SBLive!)

that's all i can think of at the moment regards improving system performance - but in my opinion if you're not after the best best performance or if no hardware is crashing then upgrading drivers not really relevant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)