Upfront partial payement for student contribution. (1 Viewer)

aaron22

HSC
Hey i was just wondering, i have just enrolled on the 19th of February at Maquarie and i have filled out a eCaf form ticking the box saying i will make a $500+ upfront partial payment, but i havent payed the amount as I was ingorant of the date of the due payment and i didn't have the finance.

Is there a way that I can still pay the partial upfront payment with out the $200 fine? and/or can i switch to being a full HECS-HELP student, still not paying the fine?

Monstar

HSC
No. the uni doesnt do 'leeway' shit.. if its a 200 penalty, why would it give up its source of revenue?

vincent26

HSC
N/A
you cant pay the 500$ fine now...but you auto go to full HECS now, since on the form it says its only an indication, the actual amount you borrow is based on whats left on your fees at the end of the census date

audioxdoll

HSC
I also noticed this after ticking the partial upfront payment box... but i also thought it was just an indication until i saw the fine on the macquarie page so i filled in another hecs form saying to get the full hecs loan. I didnt know you could get fined if you didnt pay the partial amount..... very sneaky macquarie.

aaron22

HSC
I also noticed this after ticking the partial upfront payment box... but i also thought it was just an indication until i saw the fine on the macquarie page so i filled in another hecs form saying to get the full hecs loan. I didnt know you could get fined if you didnt pay the partial amount..... very sneaky macquarie.
Mine doesn't show up, i have not been fined yet?

is it because i have just enrolled yesterday?

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
The box you ticked on the eCaf form is only an indication; that is, if you don't pay even though you ticked you would, and you have HECS HELP approved, your outstanding debt will be transferred to the ATO 2 weeks after census date (31 March) as normal.

audioxdoll

HSC
So does the $200 fine only really relate to those who paid after feb 19th?

aaron22

HSC
Yes, whether it be an upfront payment or not; i.e. any payment received after 19 February, 2010.
how bout if you dont pay at all, do you get moved automatically to a full hex debt for that semester?

aaron22

HSC
Sorry to be annoying but i can switch to a discounted 20% in the second sem, only if i pay before due date am i correct? :headbang:

HSC
Sorry to be annoying but i can switch to a discounted 20% in the second sem, only if i pay before due date am i correct? :headbang:
I dont know but im hoping to do the same thing!
Make sure you know that a discount you get is on the partial amount you give, NOT the total HECS debt. But I *think* you can get 20% discount off second semester units if you pay before the next census date for second semester. Either way any non compulsory payment off your HECS will be given an extra value of 10% of the amount you paid.

But best to check all this stuff on the link Pwnage101 posted:)

sean1990

HSC
I dont know but im hoping to do the same thing!

YES.

if u go into estudent and go to finances, you will likely see your 1st sem units (those due now) owed in red, and the other units for 2nd sem in white.

So basically, if u missed paying the upfront partial payment to obtain the discount, then u will be abe to pay it in sem 2 for sem 2 e.g. $500 and you will be eligable for the 20% discount on sem 2 ONLY, as u missed the date to obtain this in sem 1.

Hope this helps.

by the way, the debt due in red will/should be cleared if your a full hecs student e.g. it will be offput regardless of your partial payment or not, as the 500 bucks is just to give you a discount of 20% for that sem, it basically just increases their cashflow ....well this is my opinion of why they are offering it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)