Urgent help need for transfer please (1 Viewer)

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Hey hows it going? I was just wondering if anyone could provide some confirmation/advice on this issue. I really want to study the b business at uts and have been enrolled at a different university. This is my first year of tertiary study and I got a UAI of 95.05 and first semester GPA of 5.75. I have been advised to take a leave of absence to be primarily assessed on my uai as I have studied less than one year fulltime. Also, as only one current subject would be granted exemption I am favouring this option. Is it correct that I will be assessed on uai if I puruse this option and are my chances relatively high of gaining a place? Also, if I studied this semester part time woould I still be assessed on uai or would it be regarded as a year and hence based on gpa? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

doink

Clone
HSC
Umm, with those scores you should have no problem getting into UTS for BBus. Cut-Off for '08 was 91 and your GPA will convert to something nice so getting in should be no problem.

If you are doing a related degree and are confident you will not ruin your GPA you could continue the semester and then claim subjects to make the degree shorter.

If you have less than 1 year full-time it will be uai only, if its one year then your GPA will be converted to a UAI and averaged with your actual UAI to give your NRSL which is used instead of UAI for selection. I believe there is a table showing GPA to ENTER or thereabouts.

pottsy44

HSC
who cares? a GPA of 5.75 is EXCELLENT!

you should also do another 2-3 subjects this semester which can be used as credit to subjects in the B Bus.

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Hey thanks for the advice and info about the transfer I really appreciate it. I went to the uni and they said that only 1 of my current 4 subjects would get exempted. Also, just to confirm, if I do say 5 or 6 subjects (4 first semester and 1-2 this one) over the year am I classified as doing a fulltime year/full year and will that mean GPA assessed? or cause its less than 8 subjects it would still be uai assessed? leave of absence guarantees the competitive marks and other factors are influencing this decision.

doink

Clone
HSC
has to be 48 credit points to be considered 1 year full time.

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
So would it be better to do the subject I will get exempted for and still be able to transfer based on uai or just leave it for uts, provided i get in? So 95.05 and 1 hd, 2d and 1p got good chances with less than one yr fte? sorry im just really wanting to change hah

spence

HSC
If I was in your situation, I'd find out which second semester subjects you can get exemptions for, and do 4 of them if you're confident you can keep your GPA at about credit level. If you're not confident, just do 3 of them and you'll get in based on UAI

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Thanks. Its not that im not confident, just that I wanna make sure everything will count and hopefully there may be some alternatives to provide exemptions cause at the moment only one will do that. Ultimately my number one priority is to get the transfer, and it has been advised that less than 4 may be the safer option.

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Has anyone seen the admission requirements? I know business isnt up but I thought if you had elss than one year it was only uai but for quite a few faculties it is 0.5 fte or greater and 75% tertitary results taken? Im confused... will that apply to me or is it still uai based?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)