Ursula Hall (1 Viewer)

Starlight39

HSC
Hi :)

So, I'm thinking I'd like to apply for accomodation at Ursula Hall. I was wondering though how many people they take (on estimate) per year and what the chances of me getting in are? Do they have any preference for courses, domestic/international etc?

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers :)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Not sure how many places we give each year, but as a rough guess I'd say 70-90 out of ~200 people overall. There doesn't seem to be any particular preference for courses from what I can tell. Proportion of domestic to international students is probably 70-30 or something like that, it seems fairly reflective of the uni population in general. These are all rough numbers, I don't have the stats unfortunately.

If you're at Open Day tomorrow I might you there!

Starlight39

HSC
Thanks for your reply :)

I went to open day yesterday, only got around to three of the halls though. Ursula is still first preference, then Bruces (I actually really liked that place :) ) then Johns (can't say I had much of an interest there). Anyway, can't wait to start at ANU :D

ajdlinux

HSC
Ursula is awesome (in my completely unbiased opinion), Bruce is moderately awesome, and Johns... uh... just... no. :p

Hope to see you here next year! What are you planning to study?

Starlight39

HSC
As soon as we walked out of Johns my Mum and I instantly agreed I was not going there :p

I'm hoping to get into Law/Arts, but if that doesn't happen I'm quite happy to just do a straight Arts degree and then go on to do something else to add onto it (maybe a Diploma or something... not quite sure yet). My two picks Arts-wise are ANU and Sydney, so if I get into either I'll be quite happy. I just wish this whole HSC business was over!

coldhands

HSC
Hey, I did not get a chance to go up to canberra and check out the accommodation.
I've put down B&G based on reading previous threads about the accommodation...but some of those threads are a bit old, and I'm worried that some of the facts may be a bit outdated.
For those who applied for ursula, wha attracted you to ursula?...I'm still deciding.

ajdlinux

HSC
Hey, I did not get a chance to go up to canberra and check out the accommodation.
I've put down B&G based on reading previous threads about the accommodation...but some of those threads are a bit old, and I'm worried that some of the facts may be a bit outdated.
For those who applied for ursula, wha attracted you to ursula?...I'm still deciding.
1) I can't cook :p Rules out B&G and Fenner.
2) I'm a fairly sensible person. Rules out Johns.
3) I don't do Arts/Law. Rules out Burgmann.

That leaves Bruce and Ursies. Ursies is smaller (both in terms of number of residents and the number of buildings we have) and it seemed quite a nice place when I visited. Bruce is decent as well from what I've seen, but I ended up at the other end of Daley Road and I haven't regretted it!

Politic

HSC
N/A
Could someone give me an estimate as to how much Bruce and Ursula would cost weekly for 2012?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)