using 'life of pi' as a related text for imag. journey (1 Viewer)

be202025

HSC
needs help wif 'life of pi' as a related text for imag. journey

i'm using "life of pi" as a related text for Coleridges's poem - Rime of the ancient mariner, wander if i can get any help on how they related on the aspect about gaining personal, spiritual and religious insight through imaginative journey.

plz help... realli appreciated!

Last edited:

darkwarrior2

HSC
there's heaps

Im doing that too, there's heaps on it:
The last part challenges the readers ideas about the imagination and how conventions of modern society impinge on our ability to imagine surreal things (Like Pi's story) however the imaginative journeys are much more interesting than simple stories.
As with kubla khan, Coleridge is annoyed that a man from Porlock disturbs his vision. Not quite sure about ancient mariner cos i havent studied that in detail.

there is heaps, heaps on it, i havent even read the book yet, but there is only so much you can write in that 40 minutes anyways.

cooldudehack

1337 h4x0r
HSC
Re: needs help wif 'life of pi' as a related text for imag. journey

hey im doing this 2! and casue uve done it are u able to help me in how it relates please? copy and paste whatever u got please?!

much appreciated

fickletoe

HSC
i am a bit overwhelmed with the amount of stuff that i have to do with 'life of pi'... if anyone can tell me about the different ways it relates to imaginative journeys ill be a very happy chappy.
but anyway, relating in ancient mariner... both Pi's appreciation of nature and zoology helps him through his journey, in the form of mostly reflection and reaching new levels of understanding, while the same happens for the mariner, who learns that to appreciate nature in all its beauty is the main moral lesson to be taught to bring him back to civilisation, and make him a better person.. (well, i guess its to make him a better person, or to prevent others making his mistake...)

not sure about religious insight, cos mariner is more supernatural...

hope i helped :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)