• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

USyd and UTS open day. (1 Viewer)

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
List of Arts majors @ Usyd

Source: https://www.econ.usyd.edu.au/major/127
Thanks, though I meant useful in the sense that it offered an insight past the web info.

Kujah said:
Wow, there was a lot of people for the International and Global Studies though! :)
People were standing and kneeling at the back of the theatre because there were so many at psychology. :O

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
lol, did anyone go see Dr Karl and Adam Spencer?

Justina

HSC
Kujah said:
lol, did anyone go see Dr Karl and Adam Spencer?
Saw Dr. Karl last year. Gave an interesting talk - its a shame i don't remember what it was on, lol.

USYD is great :) i really do hope to get in. I went to BA, Psychology and Marketing talks - really helpful.
I went to look at UTS too. It is prettier on the inside but i still didn't like it for some reason...

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i actually really preferred uts' rooms/lecture halls to sydneys
i felt lost at sydney although it is definitely a very pretty uni
however, quite ugly people

so many hotties at uts

Last edited:

chopsticks0209

HSC
kevinx2 said:
UTS - Got free movie tickets :D
:O

where!?

i spent most of my time in the IT building playing wii, so i missed out on those probably. but i did end up getting 6 free songs for my ipod which is pretty cool.

damn that bbq was heavenly .. *licks lips* ;)

miche11e

HSC
heh
i would have liked USYD but i couldnt find anything - they really have to get a new system for naming their rooms and buildings - use numbers instead of words perhaps... i liked the sound of the course at USYD but im set on going to UTS - plus i actually like that its closer together...
i was running late for an engineering lecture and i had to run from one side of USYD to the other and got completely lost then made it to the last 5 minutes... UTS is just so much easier, and i reckon USYD is old and falling apart.
UTS is my first pref, then USYD (even tho UAI is higher for USYD)

HSC
chopsticks0209 said:
:O

where!?
There was a survey i had to do outside the Great Hall, heaps of free food/drinks - didn't get any, felt like a pig :(

housah0lic said:
so many hotties at uts
haha yep

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
am i the only person who thinks USYD doesnt have a great Engineering faculty??
From wat ive heard unless u want to do arts/law/business, otehr unis such as UNSW and UTS are close to, if not betetr than, USYD in most cases, and even regarding business the otehr unis are just as good.

looks like UNSW is for me if i decide to go down the engineering avenue....

conics2008

HSC
haaa!!

We went to the USYD one first, it was pretty cool I left with TONES and TONES of Pens of all colours and USB's... I scabbed so many lollies + balls + drinks + hand thingy ( I dont know what they call them ).

It was pretty cool the Civil/ Arch and Maths =]

everything else was gay. UTS, we just went to the top top floor for the fun of it,

looking forward for the UNSW next week xD

u-borat

Banned
HSC
housah0lic said:
i actually really preferred uts' rooms/lecture halls to sydneys
i felt lost at sydney although it is definitely a very pretty uni
however, quite ugly people

so many hotties at uts
lolz thats what one of my friends' sister said too...that uts has hotter people than macquarie/unsw/usyd.

sirfeathers

HSC
Science didn't look half as good at USyd as it did at UNSW at their Faculty of Science evening a few weeks ago. But I was impressed by the Arts/Social science faculties, especially the political economy lecture - and the band was pretty good too.

bawd

HSC
I went to UNSW last week for a lecture (non-CC Day), and I think in terms of facilities and appearance, UNSW significantly is better than USyd. I'll be attending the Careers and Courses Day next Saturday just to see how the lecturers compare to USyd.

The UNSW Australian School of Business and Law Faculty also seems much more equiped and looks sexier than Merewether Building and Eastern Auditorium of USyd, although USyd is currently building that new Law Faculty, which looks amazing from the billboards.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
gosh usyd didn't win me over at all.
the guys at the psych stalls in both sci and arts were crap, they just asked me what i knew about psych and weren't helpful at all.
the pysch lecture was much better at least.
uts don't offer psych so i didnt even go there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)