USYD Economics vs UNSW Economics (1 Viewer)

Spoken12

HSC
Basically, which is better?Also at USYD it's under Arts + Social Sciences, at UNSW it's under Business... does that make any difference to anything? Vocational prospects? General degree things? Etc etc

Demise

HSC
They're both great, take a pick in regards to travel time, social life needs, cost, etc.

Spoken12

HSC
So it doesn't matter that USYD it's under an Arts + Social Sciences degree?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
So it doesn't matter that USYD it's under an Arts + Social Sciences degree?
The change is more or less an administrative issue.Course content is the same.

Spoken12

HSC
So there's no impact on vocational prospects? There's no difference once you're done? It won't be looked down upon?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
UNSW's Business faculty is seen as better.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
doing it at UNSW :)
Be careful then. If you don't choose your majors properly you will effectively waste a year. I did. Was going to triple major in Acct, Finance and Econ, but then only minored in Acct, so I have a double major in Finance and Econ, the same as if I had done just regular BEcon.

RishBonjour

HSC
Be careful then. If you don't choose your majors properly you will effectively waste a year. I did. Was going to triple major in Acct, Finance and Econ, but then only minored in Acct, so I have a double major in Finance and Econ, the same as if I had done just regular BEcon.
ohh fk, i don't even know what I want to do haha. Ill wait till my marks/atar comes out...

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
ohh fk, i don't even know what I want to do haha. Ill wait till my marks/atar comes out...
Yeah, don't worry, I was in the same boat and it was the right choice to make at the time, but with hindsight I wasted an extra year by doing the Comm component when I was only interested in the Econ. Of course you don't have hindsight, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
UNSW you'll have to do some compulsory accounting + finance subjects iirc.

But meh, it won't be *that* bad. t

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)