USYD Engineering with 2u maths + bridging course (1 Viewer)

DiValdez

HSC
So I've only completed 2u maths course and scored 88 (high band 5) and am doing a bridging course for ext1 mathematics.

Will I find first year engineering maths hard? If so.. is there any possibility i can get a slower scheme to complete my mathematics subjects (but will that extend the duration of my course :( hope not)

Andrew759

HSC
Theres a chance you could struggle a little, but based on your mark in 2u its probably not going to be an issue. Maybe try and learn some 3u stuff outside of the bridging course?

Weeber

HSC
N/A
Many people found that the ext. 1 maths bridging course wasn't very helpful as most content is new.

If you really wanted to you could take maths fundamental units for sem 1 but that would mess up your degree plan as MATH1001 and MATH1002 aren't offered in sem 2.

I think you will be fine if you are willing to put in some extra effort in your math courses tbh.

zxreth

HSC
No you can't do fundamental courses for maths in any engineering course as the MATH100X units will be prerequisites to alot of units you will do later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)