usyd enrolment (2 Viewers)

lou071

HSC
N/A
So I'm guesstimating just bring the necessary stuff (eg- TFN number, enrolment/offers letter etc) as there is no need for money unless I want to get an ACCESS card?
did you visit the usyd's enrolment page?
on that page the paragraph on money is on.
it is below paragraph and that is what i am wondering about

Credit card, EFTPOS, cheque or postal order
If you are a Commonwealth supported student who wishes to pay theit student contribution up-front or you are enrolling in a domestic fee-paying place and are not eligble for FEE-HELP, payment may be made by cheque (to ‘University of Sydney’), credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Diners or American Express ) or EFTPOS. Cash will NOT be accepted. If paying by cheque, it is best not to write the cheque before you enrol, as the exact amount to pay will be confirmed on that day. You can also pay by postal order; if paying your student fees upfront remember that to get a postal order you must know the exact payment to make, so you must be sure of the units you will be studying.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
So I'm guesstimating just bring the necessary stuff (eg- TFN number, enrolment/offers letter etc) as there is no need for money unless I want to get an ACCESS card?
yeah. if you're an australian citizen then you don't have to pay anything at enrolment (unless you want to).

wiseguy31

HSC
This is a question aimed hopefully at Silver Persian =) but anyone with the answer will of course do!

I've noticed you're doing a BA(Adv)(..), so hopefully you can answer this.

I'm enrolling for a friend who is overseas. We've filled out all the forms that we could find relating to proxy enrolment, and I think we're fairly well prepared as far as proxy enrolments go.

However, she is also enrolling in BA(Adv)(..), and in another thread from about 2006 I saw someone saying that USyd had conveniently failed to mention that to enrol in an advanced course you had to provide details of your HSC results, etc.

Now, I'm fairly sure this isn't on the enrolment-by-proxy page or even on the enrolment page. It mentions you would need them if you were applying for extra credit, but not necessarily for a standard accept and enrol procedure. But of course that doesn't preclude them having failed to mention it!

Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated :) Especially as I'm a unsw student who is not familiar with USyd's version of rigmarole!

Thanks,
W

danz90

HSC
yeah. if you're an australian citizen then you don't have to pay anything at enrolment (unless you want to).
How does the discount thing work?
I've read if you pay $500 or more of your CSP Contribution upfront, then there's a 20% discount. How is this 20% discount applied?
Is it that they take 20% of your total student contribution amount (eg. 20% discounted off $6000 for annual CSP Pharmacy fees) or is it 20% is taken off the $500, which really wouldn't make sense.... ?

HSC
This is a question aimed hopefully at Silver Persian =) but anyone with the answer will of course do!

I've noticed you're doing a BA(Adv)(..), so hopefully you can answer this.

I'm enrolling for a friend who is overseas. We've filled out all the forms that we could find relating to proxy enrolment, and I think we're fairly well prepared as far as proxy enrolments go.

However, she is also enrolling in BA(Adv)(..), and in another thread from about 2006 I saw someone saying that USyd had conveniently failed to mention that to enrol in an advanced course you had to provide details of your HSC results, etc.

Now, I'm fairly sure this isn't on the enrolment-by-proxy page or even on the enrolment page. It mentions you would need them if you were applying for extra credit, but not necessarily for a standard accept and enrol procedure. But of course that doesn't preclude them having failed to mention it!

Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated :) Especially as I'm a unsw student who is not familiar with USyd's version of rigmarole!

Thanks,
W

Hi :)

When I enrolled I didn't have to provide any indication of my HSC results - all that was looked at was the UAI, which the university already has access to. And I enrolled in 2006 also. If they required you to do something "extra" for enrolment, I'm sure they would have made this clear when sending you the letter about enrolment day.

There is a fair bit of misinformation that goes on in these forums (much of it stemming from me), but I wouldn't get too concerned about some random making a comment about something that the university hasn't specifically mentioned :)

amber44

HSC
How does the discount thing work?
I've read if you pay $500 or more of your CSP Contribution upfront, then there's a 20% discount. How is this 20% discount applied?
Is it that they take 20% of your total student contribution amount (eg. 20% discounted off $6000 for annual CSP Pharmacy fees) or is it 20% is taken off the $500, which really wouldn't make sense.... ?
It's 20% off the total student contribution.

krayzie_

HSC
Re: how does the timetable work?

One more question, I got a friend whos going to need to enroll too, we checked the site and my enrollment is at 9.15 - 9.45 and my friend is from 9.45 - 10.15. Could we both enroll at the same time regardless of the time allocated or is there something/someone who is going to stop us?

UTS you can pick your time slots which is somewhat more beneficial to students..

lou071

HSC
N/A
is it true that you pay student contribution and you need to pay more depending on subjects you are doing?

Rafy said that depending on subjects you are doing, the amount of money
you pay is different and the uni will calculate this for you

spence

HSC
is it true that you pay student contribution and you need to pay more depending on subjects you are doing?

Rafy said that depending on subjects you are doing, the amount of money
you pay is different and the uni will calculate this for you
This question has been answered numerous times. Subjects that are in higher bands cost more than those in lower bands

wiseguy31

HSC
Hi Silver Persian :spin:

Thanks for your help just now. Very prompt response!

I'll try not to worry too much, and thanks so much for the info.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
A payment of $500 will reduce the liability by $600, A payment of $1000 will reduce it by $1200 etc.

danz90

HSC
A payment of $500 will reduce the liability by $600, A payment of $1000 will reduce it by $1200 etc.
Ohhh I get it now. I thought it was too good to be true.. lol

What's the best way to go, HECS?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
This might have been asked before, but on enrolment day, do we pick our units of study for just Sem 1 or both semesters?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
This might have been asked before, but on enrolment day, do we pick our units of study for just Sem 1 or both semesters?

Both semesters. It's easily changed afterwards though.

icecoffee

HSC

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Re: how does the timetable work?

One more question, I got a friend whos going to need to enroll too, we checked the site and my enrollment is at 9.15 - 9.45 and my friend is from 9.45 - 10.15. Could we both enroll at the same time regardless of the time allocated or is there something/someone who is going to stop us?
at the first station in the enrolment room, they have massive piles of enrolment packs* personalised for each student. so probably if you go at the wrong time your pack won't be in the pile, which means you can't enrol.

* this isn't as exciting as it sounds, it's just a bunch of forms you have to fill out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)