USYD High Achievers Breakfast 2013 (1 Viewer)

HadBill

HSC
Uni Grad
Apparently the University of Sydney has invited those students who achieved an ATAR over 98 to join the Vice-Chancellor and Principal, Dr Michael Spence, for a breakfast at the University on January 3, 2013. I achieved an ATAR of 98.65 yet did not receive on of these invitations. Am I still eligible to go? How would I go about securing a place at the breakfast?

nightweaver066

HSC
I'm not too sure on the requirements myself.

I didn't receive an invite and two of my friends who both got 99.75 and 99.80 did so I'm guessing its 99.75+?

I don't know lol

Last edited:

jet

Banned
HSC
I would think not, since you would have to receive an invite.

rosemcc

HSC
I didn't get invited to a breakfast, but to an afternoon tea for the outstanding achievers scholarship recipients so I'm assuming the 99.95ers won't be there either...?

deswa1

HSC
The breakfast is something different- not everyone with 98+ got invited. I know quite a lot of .95'ers that didn't (though we all got invites to an afternoon tea). Its possible that the breakfast is within some specific faculty, or for some other scholarship (maybe Merit scholarship idk).

Consider that if they invited everyone with 98+, that's around 2000 invites...

And if you didn't get an invite, you're not meant to go lol- its not an open house event (having said that, you've got nothing to lose by rocking up and hoping you get let in)

hallelujah.

HSC
I went 4 years ago and from memory you had to have Usyd in your preferences, if not as your first preference.

It's actually held in the quad, so its pretty open. I don't remember anyone checking my name or whatever upon admission.

Tbh, it's really just a free breakfast. I remember attending some lectures and info sessions but they were all Info Day things for everyone.

amour

Female
HSC
I went 4 years ago and from memory you had to have Usyd in your preferences, if not as your first preference.

It's actually held in the quad, so its pretty open. I don't remember anyone checking my name or whatever upon admission.

Tbh, it's really just a free breakfast. I remember attending some lectures and info sessions but they were all Info Day things for everyone.

I went last year and it was in a hall and they signed you off a roll before admission.
They had some speakers and gave you the opportunity to chat with students and Heads of certain faculties eg Vet, Pharmacy, Law

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I'm going this year and I got 98.65. That being said, I had USYD as my first preference + I got a state rank, so the invitation requirements could be a combination of those things. Also, I'm pretty sure it's a fairly private event, because the location isn't even published publicly afaik.

HSC
3 of my friends (99.80, 99.75, 99.40(?) - no state ranks) got invited. I got invited to the Sydney Science Luncheon.

HSC
Maybe - I'm not going to the breakfast if that's what you meant lols.

nightweaver066

HSC
I'm going to the lunch (i think). I registered late last night and it went through, then looking back on the invite, it said deadline was 31st of Dec lol.

blaqberaes

HSC
I didn't get over 98 (close)... but that, being said I did put Usyd as my first pref.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone could go lol, it's in the quad and its pretty decent breakfast! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)