usyd timetables (1 Viewer)

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
hi all,

just wondering when we get our timetables? also how easy is it to change lectures or tutorials?

Im planning on working 24 hours a week at newcastle (I live on the central coast), as well as do uni full time doing economics. would they change my lecture and tutorial times (provided other classes) by using work as an excuse?

id look for a job somewhere else but the pay is 700-1000 a week, which is amazing money for 24 hours and at my age. not only that but i cant find a job anywhere else

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
hi all,

just wondering when we get our timetables? also how easy is it to change lectures or tutorials?

Im planning on working 24 hours a week at newcastle (I live on the central coast), as well as do uni full time doing economics. would they change my timetable for work as an excuse to change?

id look for a job somewhere else but the pay is 700-1000 a week, which is amazing money for 24 hours and at my age
Timetables are released around O-Week. You can block off certain days or hours of a particular day and generate a new timetable with those restrictions if you so desire.

I'm sure that would be a valid excuse to get your timetable change manually if it gets to that stage.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
thanks heaps for the info. is there a set date the timetable will be released or will we receive an email letting us know when to get it? thanks

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
you can look at this link for when lectures and tutes are offered for your subjects https://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au/menu.jsp?siteMap=true

24 hours is a LOT of work though per week for a uni student. And adding in that you'll be spending an awful lot of time travelling, you might want to reconsider. A social psych study discovered that the suggested amount of hours of work is 10, after which your results start to be negatively impacted. I also have a few friends who started uni living on the central coast and found it too hard so ended up moving down to the city after 6 months.

The official word is that excuses like 'I have to work' are generally not good enough to get your timetable changed, but often the people who help with timetable changes in person are willing to help you. Just be aware that depending on your course, you're most likely going to have at least 3 days at uni.

It's often not difficult to change lectures at all (a roll is not marked so you can turn up whenever they're offered) but it can be quite difficult to change tutes in some faculties/schools. Eg. The school of psych requires you to find an individual in the tute you want to swap to who is prepared to swap with you and you have to go to the psych counter together and sign a couple of forms - this is because the course is very full and tutes are enormous so they don't want randoms jumping into extra ones.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
only 10 hours :( ill need more money than that. hopefully it all works out somehow...

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
only 10 hours :( ill need more money than that. hopefully it all works out somehow...
what for? if you're independent or can claim independence/are living away from family/etc you could investigate getting payments from centrelink to help

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
$1000 for 24 hours of work?

what are you a gigolo or sumthin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)