USYD vs UNSW (1 Viewer)

E*star*

HSC
A few random questions that hopefully someone can answer

a.) I heard that USYD law lecture rooms are off campus, in the city; where are they? how far away from the USYD campus are they? and what are they like?

b.) Is UNSW law off campus aswell? Does it have nicer facilities than USYD

c.) Are the lecturers nicer/easier to approach/better at teaching at USYD or UNSW

d.) Are there differences in students at UNSW and USYD; attitude wise and socially

e.) Also, this will sound like a 15 year old type question but are the guys and girls (yes both) more attractive at either uni...LOL I am serious

f.) Are the majority of students at USYD and or UNSW Asian..not that that makes any difference at all its just what I've heard

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Hi there,
>>>>>>

a.) I heard that USYD law lecture rooms are off campus, in the city; where are they? how far away from the USYD campus are they? and what are they like?

The law school is off campus on philip st adjacent to supreme court building but realistically you will only need to visit its law library. Classes in the first couple of years are held on campus, and by third or fourth year the new law building (which is on campus) should be completed.

No, the new UNSW law building is on campus. It has some nice facilities such as the moot court, but the new usyd law building should be completed soon.

c.) Are the lecturers nicer/easier to approach/better at teaching at USYD or UNSW

I'm not sure about approachability but USyd tends to have better lecturers with more expertise on the subject.

d.) Are there differences in students at UNSW and USYD; attitude wise and socially

UNSW is a closer knit community, there are more students actively involved in the law societies and the competitions. USyd students are more existential and jaded, there's less involvement in university-based activities, but there's also less pressure to belong to particular cliques or give up your time.

e.) Also, this will sound like a 15 year old type question but are the guys and girls (yes both) more attractive at either uni...LOL I am serious

USyd people are more attractive.

f.) Are the majority of students at USYD and or UNSW Asian..not that that makes any difference at all its just what I've heard

UNSW law is mostly asian (probably about 70%). USyd law is about 30% asian.

Rorix

HSC
E*star* said:

Law school in the city sucks but by the time you get there the law building will be finished so you don't have to worry about it.

Haven't seen the new UNSW law building but I'd have to say it would be better...can't get much worse

Doubt there would be any systematic difference, there's a lot of intrauni variation in quality of teaching though I must say.

USYD would be about 30% asian, I agree. But almost zero fobs (given the English requirements..)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
noi every1 at uni is ugly only ugly people go to uni

beentherdunthat

HSC
Personally, I'd prefer USYD law... and I'm Lebanese, so I guess it's not all asian. Nonetheless, who cares if there's Asians, we shouldn't judge our degrees depending on whether asians are present XD

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
beentherdunthat said:
Personally, I'd prefer USYD law... and I'm Lebanese, so I guess it's not all asian. Nonetheless, who cares if there's Asians, we shouldn't judge our degrees depending on whether asians are present XD
what the fuck...?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
beentherdunthat said:
Whats there to **** ?
how much do you hate east asians

E*star*

HSC
politik why are u so brave and tough? GOSH I mean on an internet forum you said fuck twice and called me a faggot...niiiiice :rofl: at u

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
He's right though. Maybe the students who have been to both should band together and make a sticky thread on their observed differences between the two universities?

At the moment, yes. But then again, UNSW is located in Kensington whereas the St. James campus is located in the city. I guess, as others have said, that this won't affect you, but it'd be something to take into consideration (especially if you'll be there before the new law building opens).

Yes. USyd students are generally more laid back, more approachable and more friendly. They don't tend to be as uppity, and they don't tend to be as snobby as those at UNSW. It sounds a little illogical to suggest that UNSW students are snobbier than USyd students, but that's what I've observed.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
A friend is doing Law/Commerce and you spend pretty much all the time at the Main Campus first year.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Sydney's new law building will have park views, and a cafe and pedestrian plaza right outside. So in conclusion, choose Sydney.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Triangulum said:
Sydney's new law building will have park views, and a cafe and pedestrian plaza right outside. So in conclusion, choose Sydney.
UNSW's new law building HAS city skyline views, has a cafe next door and is within walking distance of Kensington and Randwick shopping strips and Coogee beach. beat that. :p

beentherdunthat

HSC
Frigid said:
UNSW's new law building HAS city skyline views, has a cafe next door and is within walking distance of Kensington and Randwick shopping strips and Coogee beach. beat that. :p
:wave: haha. Shameless flaunting :).

I want to go to UNSW, but I'm afraid that the atmosphere might be too 'nerdy', though I do get along with everyone anyway. What are your thoughts on the social life?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
beentherdunthat said:
I'm afraid that the atmosphere might be too 'nerdy', though I do get along with everyone anyway. What are your thoughts on the social life?
the social life's pretty good (although not my thing). the uni caters for all sorts of interests and persuasions.

our law society is one of the biggest and best in australia.

but at the end of the day, it really depends on your UAI.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
These threads make me laff.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
neo o said:
These threads make me laff.
They make me touch myself. In the USYD v UNSW nude mud wrestling match, UOW is the scary old man in the corner leering at all them thar young wimmin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)