uteeeeeeeeeeeees (1 Viewer)

wrangler

HSC
who loves there ute
OR
owns a ute,
OR wouldnt drive anything else?!?!?!
just curious caquse i wouldnt drive anything else, and im a CHICK!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I have an 04 XL Falcon. I need it for work, wouldn't be driving a ute otherwise. It's good though, I like it.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Whats you being a chick got to do with anything? Do you think your good?

BA xr8 and to a lesser extent xr6 utes are pretty awesome. Though my fave are the ford F series pick ups and chev silverado's.

wrangler

HSC
DaddyK said:
Whats you being a chick got to do with anything? Do you think your good?

BA xr8 and to a lesser extent xr6 utes are pretty awesome. Though my fave are the ford F series pick ups and chev silverado's.

AHHHHH no. just making a point that it not just a bloke thing..
i dont want nuffin like that
i want somthing like a WB, my mates recenlty finished doin up and its awsome, although wif the the price of fuel ill neva be able to afford to drive it
atm im driving (omg how embarrasing)a shit ford ute...

SlipStream

HSC
I want an '89 Subaru Brumby, with an EJ20T (2.0L boxer 4 WRX turbo engine) conversion.

Will make your WB feel like a bus. :cool:

wrangler

HSC
SlipStream said:
I want an '89 Subaru Brumby, with an EJ20T (2.0L boxer 4 WRX turbo engine) conversion.

Will make your WB feel like a bus. :cool:

omg!i was actally thinkin bout gettin a suby, i neva seen 1 look so awome like THAT before!!! very nice, probly cause i live in country, there awsome but not much rroom in the back, but good on fuel,but supose with the engine conversion it wouldnt relly apply!!!
theres 1 for sale at the pub, so im gona go investigate

wrangler

HSC
4got to ask do u have any more pics of the brumby, would like to c the whole thing!

wrangler

HSC
SlipStream said:
wrangler, yeh I am obsessed with Brumbys. :p

Here's some more pics. Knock yourself out. :)

I've been in contact with the owner. FULL STi running gear.

Impressive to say the least.
omg is awwsome!
i neva eva in my whole life seen one lookin like that, its soooooo hot!
a whole new perspective on the good old brumby
how much does the guy want for it???
are u a country boy, or just love a good brumby?
must say the only thing i dont like though is the gold wheels...

SlipStream

HSC
wrangler, yeh it's pretty nice but not for sale. The guy says he's been offered $50k for it, but turned it down. He says it's cost him $27k to date, and has spent over 700 man hours on the project (he built it with a mate). So yeh it ain't for sale!

I currently live north of Sydney on NSW's Central Coast, but last year I lived in the bush on a 120 acre property 45kms from Grafton in North-East NSW, where I received my first car: a 1981 Subaru 1800. Granted, it was only a paddock basher but I cleaned it up real nice and mucked around with it. That was the car that started my affinity with Subarus - helped me to talk my dad into buying a current model WRX as well as igniting my interest with the little Brumbs. ;)

I currently drive a red G100R (1990) Charade TS (1.0L 3-cylinder carby), known to me and my mates as "Shaz". It certainly is no sports car, but is a genuine supercar in terms of fuel consumption. I have recorded a best figure of 6.55L/100km for it. For comparison sake, a 2005 BA Falcon XT uses around 13L/100km of fuel. From a performance point of view, with a few simple tweaks you've got a chassis begging for more power. At 700kg, it handles great for what it is. :cool:

I plan to have shadow chrome multispoke rims on my Brumby, so I agree that the gold rims look a little off colour... the current model silver WRX rims would look better.

wrangler

HSC
slipstream
dammm
i c aant belive any1 would spend hat much on a suby
omg awsome fuel economy
awsome
n kool car, but ill always drive a ute
dam, so r not a country boy, dam dam dam, suppose u wont have the problem of bnot havin enough space to sleep inb the back then!! lol
trust me i tried, v painful if ur not alone
so ave u got a suby to work on yet or still lookin
theres an aswome 1 in the paper today 4 5 grand
would be nice if i could afford it...`..

SlipStream

HSC
I reckon I could sleep in a Brumby... hey if I can sleep in a Charade then I can sleep in a Brumby! :p

I'll probably/hopefully will have the Brumbs before my 18th next January. I'm hoping to get an '89 model (with the single headlights, not the quad ones). The first big thing I'll be working on is the interior; but upfront I'm putting on a "cat back" straight through with cannon muffler, as well as lowering it and a few other little things. :)

Can't wait! I've plenty of moolah saved from working at Supercheap, but it sucks not having a car to spend it all on! :p

wrangler

HSC
slipstream
lol, the interior can make all the diffrence to a vehical.
so u gonna keep the car u alreay got, y dont u trade it in,
wat the catback????
lowering!lol, dont think that would apply out here, i live in a dirt road, hepsa ppl have already weracked there cars dowm hear cause its so crap!!
i keep circilin the 1 in the paper, but i dont think any1's gettin the hint.
its awsome with sound system, and uhf etc
if u paint it wa colour u gonna chage it to. my friend just got theres painted lime green!!
worken at supercheap must have its benifits!!!

lol but sleepin in a utes a totaly diffrent thing, sooo
country
lol swag in the backa a ute wif a good looker

SlipStream

HSC
wrangler said:
slipstream
lol, the interior can make all the diffrence to a vehical.
so u gonna keep the car u alreay got, y dont u trade it in,
wat the catback????
lowering!lol, dont think that would apply out here, i live in a dirt road, hepsa ppl have already weracked there cars dowm hear cause its so crap!!
i keep circilin the 1 in the paper, but i dont think any1's gettin the hint.
its awsome with sound system, and uhf etc
if u paint it wa colour u gonna chage it to. my friend just got theres painted lime green!!
worken at supercheap must have its benifits!!!

lol but sleepin in a utes a totaly diffrent thing, sooo
country
lol swag in the backa a ute wif a good looker
I reckon I could sell my car for about $3500 to $4000. It is in excellent mechanical condition, as well as great inside and not a single dent. Superb paint as well. Might put it up for sale around November, with 12 months rego.

"Cat back" means an exhaust system from the catalytic converter right to the tailpipe, usually consisting of either mandrel bent (perfectly round bends) or press bent (pipe bend narrows, constricting exhaust flow) of whatever diameter (i.e. 2", 2.5" etc - generally the larger the better, especially on turbo cars where the better they can breathe (lower backpressure) the better. The pipe leads either into a centre muffler (not common with aftermarket exhausts) then/or into a rear muffler, usually a sports muffler or canon muffler offering better flow characteristics and lower backpressure but at the sacrifice of sound deadening ability. Well that's with a proper sports muffler anyway. People serious about their exhaust use mandrel bent piping, people more serious about their budget use press bends.

Yeh I used to live on a dirt road. Fuckin sucks. Cars are CONSTANTLY dirty and there's nothin you can do about it. The dirt finds its way into the interior and gets into the seats, the road is heaps dangerous after rain, corrugations shake the car to bits. Then you have the kamikaze suicide roos... too bad if you don't have a bullbar.

I'm gonna paint in metallic silver, "Crystal Silver Mica" as available on the current WRX, and it's gonna have twin black stripes on the bonnet. I'm going to paint the inside of the tray black. And yeh working at Supercheap does carry its benefits, such as a 25% staff discount off everything in store. I spend most of my money at Supercheap, and would do the same even if I worked elsewhere. The staff discount has saved me hundreds.

And yeh, there's nothing like being alone with a special girl out in the open under a sleeping bag on a cold night, warm from each other watching shooting stars beside the ambers of a campfire, with nothing around but the chirp of crickets and the whisper of silence. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)