Uts Co-op Accounting (1 Viewer)

c0jo

HSC
hi people,

im new around here =] im in yr 11 this yr and am working very ahrd towards this scholarship. i know its early, but i am wondering exactly what uts is looking for to give this scholarship?

if anyone is willing to share what kind of things blossomed their application forms and extra-curricular forms, that would be great so i can c what i have to still do =]

also, how important is the YAA (young achievers australia) program for this scholarship? im in the finance division, taking on the role of account manager and peticash manager. i hope these are the kinds of things UTS are looking for.

thanx,
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!
~c0jo

lilbubblefish

These guys were at the YAA Tradefair today selling Smudgebalm... (www.smudgebalm.com)
You can go the the bachelor of accounting website (www.bachelorofaccounting.com) and you can email them and they get current students to email you back.

I don't think you have to do YAA to get in, but you have to show a keen interest in Accounting and stuff...
anyway email them through the smudgebalm website or something!

krusata

HSC
N/A
Hey there,

My friend is on a scholarship at UTS and achieved a UAI of mid 90's, I won't mention her name

She had not done YAA previously but is doing it this year, shes a member of Smudgebalm also

I'm a member of the YAA company Yacht Buoy, one of our mentors is the one in charge of considering scholarships for the Faculty of IT, he says he basically will give people who have done YAA an opportunity for an interview, so I think it will definitely boost your chances not only in the scholarship but in other walks of life such as employment

Hope I've helped!

Smudge

HSC
Hey,
I am in the Bachelor of Accounting Program.
It's really encouraging to hear that you are in year 11 and already thinking about your degree for uni. The earlier you are the more enthusiastic you are, and the more the program will want you.

Extra-cirucular actives are what helps you develop the skills the course is looking for. So it's not so much that you were IN YAA that the interview panel cares about, it's what characteristic you developed FROM participating in those activites.
Like leadership skill,s team building skills, time management, and developed your 'keen interest in business'.
They are exactly what they are looking for in my course and YAA does help reflect these traits. Especially, the interest you may have in ACCOUNTING i.e being on the finance team.
:eek:

So yeah get involved with stuff not because it looks good on your application, but because you will develop skills which you can show off and talk about in your interview ;)

Most people in my course did about 4 major extra-ciricular stuff... one sporting, one YAA-ish, leadership roles etc.
But it's talking about how you developed as a person that the panel tends to look for...

And yes, go to www.smudgebalm.com =)

and also see the bachelor of accounting website cos you can email them and they'll forward it to students to reply to you...
And I know they forward these emails because I receive them and when I am bored I write back =)

Take care and GO SMUDGE BALM!

(Yacht buoy ain't too bad either ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)