Uts Gpa? (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
I was going to apply to a UTS postgraduate degree and in the selection criteria it asks that one should have:

"The course entry requirement is for a GPA of at least 2.75 out of 4.0 (with at least 90% of all subjects with marks over 50). "

Although it says with marks over 50 [thats as pass mark anyway]; what is 2.75 in the normal GPA equal to? [i.e. what is 2.75/4.0 in the GPA system that goes to 7.0 [P to HD?]

I was just worrying over if I can still apply?

Thanks for any help.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
This is part of the table for equivalencies for credit points taken from one of the UAC booklets:

Australian National University
University of New England
University of New South Wales
University of Sydney
University of Technology, Sydney
University of Wollongong
6 credit point

Australian Catholic University
University of Newcastle
University of Western Sydney
10 credit point

So I imagine every 10cp sub you took at UWS is worth 6cp for calculation purposes, if you took any subjects that were less or more than 10cp then equate them to the required format by dividing by 3 and 2/3. Then just work from what you have in frigid's guide.

klh

HSC
so, if I can clarify, all my subjects are 10 cp, so it will be 6 now for calculation purposes, so for me if i had 4 credits, my gpa would be 5 normally but:
[[6*5]*4] / [6*4] = 120/24 = 5.0 ? so, its all basically the same number anyway??

Oh wait, but 5.0 doesnt conform to the 4.0 though?...because I wanted to know the equivalent 2.70 in the normal gpa thingo that goes to 7.0. I am confused...

thanks for the input Kami.

Last edited:

klh

HSC
Just want to ask again, same thing.
if the UTS GPA minimum for entry is 2.75/4.0, than can i just find its equivalent by doing the sums i.e. 2.75 divided by 4.0 = 0.6875, so to find its equivalent in the GPA system that goes to 7, i just multiply 0.6875 * 7 = 4.8125, which should be hte gpa equivalant for 2.75 in the 4.0 GPA system?

Can anyone correct me on this interpretation?
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)