UTS Insearch, is it really worth it as a domestic student? (1 Viewer)

DR3357

HSC
Hi,
I'm a domestic student and have finished my hsc. I've been looking at alternative pathway courses into uni and I have been looking at UTS Insearch, as it seems like a somewhat decent way to get into a good course at Uts or other unis.

However, whilst i heard some good things about it I have also heard some negative things such as how it is literally almost all foreign students, no mid year or mid semester breaks (yes you're there almost all year round, you start early feb and don't finish till like late dec and there is no vibe

It's really expensive too (at least $27k not including textbooks etc.) and it doesn't appear to be that worth it so far from what i hear....

Whats everyones opinions? Cheers
:)

oniontearless

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I'm a domestic student and have finished my hsc. I've been looking at alternative pathway courses into uni and I have been looking at UTS Insearch, as it seems like a somewhat decent way to get into a good course at Uts or other unis.

However, whilst i heard some good things about it I have also heard some negative things such as how it is literally almost all foreign students, no mid year or mid semester breaks (yes you're there almost all year round, you start early feb and don't finish till like late dec and there is no vibe

It's really expensive too (at least $27k not including textbooks etc.) and it doesn't appear to be that worth it so far from what i hear....

Whats everyones opinions? Cheers
:)
Hey there

I was in the same position about 3 years ago.. (I'm currently a part-time business student at UTS).

From experience, I did a business diploma at Bedford College back in 2012. Unfortunately, I didn't received any credits at UTS and had to start as 1st year student. However, I believe some of my fellow class mates went onto second year at UWS (business/law) and/or received some credits at ACU. I think with the UTS insearch program it is also guaranteed second year to UTS but indeed it is costly! There are several business colleges out there that has similar pathways to universities below 20k. I don't know about the other colleges but from memory Bedford classes ran from 9am-3pm 5 days a week.

Another alternative that is WAY more affordable is: TAFE.

But imo if you’re a domestic student, I think TAFE or other colleges would be a better option. Like you mentioned, as there are a lot of foreign students at UTS insearch, it would be sensible to attend elsewhere (there will be less of a language barrier when it comes to group work, which I sometimes still struggle with and I am a domestic/asian student) but I guess if you want an oversight and interact with foreign students (which could be beneficial in the long run, besides if you're going to study Business, there will be plenty of group work - literally, for every subject!). Therefore, I do suggest studying somewhere you’ll enjoy considering you’ll be spending a whole year (and $$) and, surely you would want to be in an environment where there is the “vibe” to motivate and assist you in your studies – until this day, I am fairly close to some of the people I have met at Bedford and I can truly say it was well worth every penny!

I hope this helps and, if you have any questions regarding Bedford, feel free to PM me.

Goodluck.

p.s I don't work for Bedford!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)