UTS: Internal Course Transfer (1 Viewer)

lingling888

HSC
hey all!

I currently am a first year doing the course B Business/B sci IT, but I want to transfer to B Business. I'm doing badly in IT atm T^T
I was wondering does anyone know the conditions of transferring to business? Like can i transfer through the UTS internal transfer form or through UAC??
I've been told you have to at least get credit average and you have to also complete 48 credit points in the first year? Is that true?
By the way if anyone can give me tips on my personal statement that would be cool!

thank you.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
so... when is the cutoff date for a semester 1 2008 transfer?

b science in it -> b computing / b business

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
cutoff date is basically when the main round offers close i think.
Since its a different faculty, you need to do it via UAC.

lingling888: i dont think you have to complete 48cp....i only did 42cp back at unsw first year and i still transferred successfully, but you do have to do a certain amount of credit points...minimum is 36 i think, so if you fulfilled the requirement then its no problem.
I could send you the personal statement, but pity i formatted my comp and lost everything >,<

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
lingling888 said:
hey all!

I currently am a first year doing the course B Business/B sci IT, but I want to transfer to B Business. I'm doing badly in IT atm T^T
I was wondering does anyone know the conditions of transferring to business? Like can i transfer through the UTS internal transfer form or through UAC??
I've been told you have to at least get credit average and you have to also complete 48 credit points in the first year? Is that true?
By the way if anyone can give me tips on my personal statement that would be cool!

thank you.
Although the Faculty of Business is actually responsible for B Bus, whereas BBus/BComp is from the Faculty of Information Technology; internal course transfers are allowed. My friend was granted the internal course transfer before this semester started so I know it works.

My friend told me something about a 48cp limit; but I'm not sure about it. He eventually transferred after completing 72cp in BBus/BComp. A good place to start enquiring is the UTS Student Centre. Details: http://it.uts.edu.au/contact/index.html.

A credit average is definately a desired goal for a transfer.

I will also PM you my personal statement shortly.

jemsta said:
cutoff date is basically when the main round offers close i think.
Since its a different faculty, you need to do it via UAC.
"b science in it -> b computing / b business" is inter-faculty and internal course transfers are allowed. The Faculty of IT is actually responsible for both courses.

I also transferred from BScITDipITProfPrac to BBus/BComp through an internal course transfer in July last year =)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah i didnt properly read it...b science/it to b science is basically an internal transfer me think since youre changing from a double degree to a single degree.
my apologises for any misconceptions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)