uts internal transfer (1 Viewer)

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
Hi, does ne one here know about the uts internal transfer program.
i just got told about it, and i really want to find out more about it.

ne comments, info & advice would be great

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
There isn't much published about it online, since they're discintinuing the practice from next year (tertiary reform kick in 2005, all transfers through UAC etc).

Take a look at www.sau.uts.edu.au the Student Admin Unit website.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
yeap this goes for most universities in sydney, but uws still got it :D

MrA

how do u do it and when does it close for transfers for next semester (2005)??

fillstar

HSC
Go to SAU for a Internal Course Transfer (ICT) form and submit it before the closing date.

If think there are a few rules according to the faculty you are wishing to transfer.

I THINK for Business faculty you need to have compeleted 24 credits points and at least a credit average for all your subjects for consideration.

I transferred via ICT from b.bus/b.med sci to b.bus

frazzle

HSC
can someone please explain to me how internal transfer works at UTS?

frazzle

HSC
theone123 said:
mate. wait until u get in uts first :p
but i like to be informed of these procedures BEFORE i do that... not too long to go now. and besides, it could affect my preferences =) so go on, enlighten me.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
frazzle said:
but i like to be informed of these procedures BEFORE i do that... not too long to go now. and besides, it could affect my preferences =) so go on, enlighten me.
if you insist, the uts internal transfer scheme has phased out for 2005. only same faculty transfers are available. ie. u do business(tourism) u can trans. b. business.

frazzle

HSC
oh, so they are still in existence. thanks =)

what about single degrees to double degrees?

hys

auscentral.com|auspal.com
the only thing i know is that if you want to transfer between faculty you now have to go through UAC again..

MoNNiE

HSC
UAC will review your university marks - usually a credit average is good enuf to garentee a transfer (pending on what course your trying to transfer in.. the more competitive it is, usually they would want Distinction or HD averages)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Current UTS students wanting to apply to another UTS undergraduate course must apply via UAC. The exceptions include:
1. Current UTS students wanting to add/withdraw with a BA in International Studies.
2. Current UTS students in the Faculties of Business, Law, Humanities and Social Sciences and Education wanting to transfer to a course within their existing Faculty.
3. Current UTS students wanting to withdraw from part of a combined course.
4. Courses not offered via UAC visit www.uts.edu.au/study/undergrad.html for details.

These students must submit an Internal Course Transfer application directly to UTS. For details contact your Faculty office or SIAC on (02) 9514 1222.

-------------------------------
Basically that means for most transfer you will have to go via UAC. For one of the examples posted above, transferring from a combined degree to one of the single degrees is fine to do via ICT, however the other way around you will have to go via UAC. Also the Business example of transferring between courses in the Faculty of Business and such, though the only thing Business really offers is the BBus! Remember, all the combined degrees in BBus/BSomething is offered by the Something faculty usually, so you will have to go via UAC, if you want to go from BBus to combined.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)