UTS or ACU for Prim Edu (1 Viewer)

leryt

HSC
Fellow students,

I am interested in doing a B. Education (Primary) degree in 2010 at either UTS or ACU (Strathfield); however i'm finding it quite difficult to decide. (I've narrowed it down to them two.)
I know about the teaching Catholic school option for ACU, however I want to know about the quality of the course content and the practicums at both schools. If you were in a similar situation what made you decide?

Your responses are much appreciated.
Cheers!

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I have started at ACU this year, so i do not think i can tell you about teaching quality and stuff, however I have always been told that if you want to do teaching go to ACU, so far i have found it to be good One thing i do know is our tiny class sizes

HSC
I agree, smaller class sizes allow more interaction with the Tutor. During my education units, there were alot of concepts I didnt get and were important. Due to the smaller class sizes I was able to ask my tutor and she was able to explain it to me. Tutors are dedicated and always ask you if you need any help.

leryt

HSC
Re:

Thank you both 'emytaylor164' and 'love.is.around' for your replies.
Much appreciated.
Is it true that you start your practicals in semester one?
Any other info about quality of teaching and course subjects would also be helpful.
Also if anyone is going to UTS, how do they find their course?

Cheers!

HSC
The practicals for primary school teaching start year one, semester one- So its pretty full on. But, I have heard from fellow students that the pracs are fun.
The quality of teaching style is very in- depth and personal. In-fact, I do economics and whenever i;m not at the lectures, the teachers recoginse when i'm not there! lol talk about being dedicated!

melodic_gal

HSC
Fellow students,

I am interested in doing a B. Education (Primary) degree in 2010 at either UTS or ACU (Strathfield); however i'm finding it quite difficult to decide. (I've narrowed it down to them two.)
I know about the teaching Catholic school option for ACU, however I want to know about the quality of the course content and the practicums at both schools. If you were in a similar situation what made you decide?

Your responses are much appreciated.
Cheers!
I would go for ACU for Primary teaching. most of the students are doing the same units as me. so far I found it pretty good classes are small and its hands on in class and prac. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)