UTS v. UOW? (1 Viewer)

stleonard

HSC
Hey guys.

I just want to know your thoughts on what uni/course I should do next year.
My first preference is Journalism/Law at UTS. 97.2.
But, I'm slightly below that, with 96.5.
Considering there's a decent chance I won't get into the UTS double, I'm wondering whether I should put just Journalism at UTS (94) or Journalism/Law at Wollongong (I've got in through Early Entry). Also, randomly, I got a $3000 scholarship thing with Wollongong, I think it is a one-off. Haha. So that is part of the consideration. But yeah.
What do you guys think would be the better option for my second preference? I currently have the two UTS courses first and second then UOW.
Thankyou!

alphaisanidiot

HSC
Not sure about UTS, but my brother does Law/Journalism at UOW. The whole first year is completely law, so journalism doesn't start until 2nd year. If you can deal with driving to and fighting for parks at UOW then you'll be fine. It also depends on where you live. If you go to UTS I'm assuming you would catch the train so you should also consider if you'd rather take public transport to uni, or drive to uni. Unless you're planning on living on campus.

I'm also facing uni decisions. If I don't get my first preference, I have to decide between BA at USYD and B Psych at UOW (already have an offer). I dunno.

Good luck!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
As a UOW student, I'd say that if you've got the scholarship, its worthwhile considering. The journalism department is pretty good from what I've heard from some of my friends. I don't know anyone doing UOW law, but from what I've heard around and about, its a decent course as well.

janchanisek

Durian
HSC
well if the place at UOW is guaranteed already, and you get $3000, i'd say go for it (im assuming you live close to there?) and then after first year you can always transfer to UTS or another uni! =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)