UWS and SCIENCES AT UWS?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hyez...

I went to the UWS open day and felt so comfortable there and everyone was so friendly. However when I went to the USyd Open Day I felt so lost, like i didnt belong for some reason...I think it was the people and the NOT SO FRIENDLY atmosphere.

I have applied for a B. Medical Science at UWS Campbeltown and was wondering if anyone is doing this degree...plz tell me how it is. Also, has anyone transfered from any science degree into Medicine????

Mwahz..

HSC
Hey yah i know Medicine is available from UWS in 2007 but i dont think i will be able to get over 90 UAI this year...

I just want to know if anyone has ever transfered like maybe from a science degree from UWS to Medicine in another uni...or if they plan to do that from next year? :confused:

Cheers Anti..=]

jubs_

HSC
Hi Chaldo,
From my understanding, undergraduate positions in medicine programs are highly sought after and therefore extremely impossible to transfer into because, 1) they give first priorities to recent school leavers and have rigorous standards of selection. USYD only created an undergraduate program for medicine THIS YEAR and only 10 people got in. Now, you have to be a very qualified contender to get into that group! Medicine programs essentially follow the same route as a medical science degree for it's first three years. Most people who don't get into undergrad medicine complete their medical science degree, do the GAMSAT, and if qualify, go into graduate medicine. I've rarely heard cases where someone successfully transfered into undergrad medicine after one year of a different tertiary course. Although, you might further enquire on this subject with people of good authority.
Good luck.

Last edited:
HSC
Hey Thnx Guys.

I guess I'd have to do extremely well in my first year of medical science to try and get into it. :( I'll try my best and If its too hard I think ill go into science teaching LOL.

Mwahz

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
This is the exact same question im looking at...The medical school at UWS is such a good opportunity for me to get into medicine...however I missed UMAT this year and thus can't apply. My UAI would probably just miss the consideration criteria anyway...however, I am trying to determine the fastest way into a medical course. I most probably have a chance of getting into law at UWS however would I still be able to transfer into the medicine course based on good results? Or would I be better off applying for medical science or Science(Advanced)?

What would I lose from studying law the first year?/ What are the advantages of doing Med Sci/Sci in order to transfer into medicine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated:)
Or if you could recommend someone that I can contact regarding the issue.

THANKS!!!!!

HSC
ari89 said:
This is the exact same question im looking at...The medical school at UWS is such a good opportunity for me to get into medicine...however I missed UMAT this year and thus can't apply. My UAI would probably just miss the consideration criteria anyway...however, I am trying to determine the fastest way into a medical course. I most probably have a chance of getting into law at UWS however would I still be able to transfer into the medicine course based on good results? Or would I be better off applying for medical science or Science(Advanced)?

What would I lose from studying law the first year?/ What are the advantages of doing Med Sci/Sci in order to transfer into medicine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated:)
Or if you could recommend someone that I can contact regarding the issue.

THANKS!!!!!
Read the transfers guide. You can do any course that doesn't need UMAT, and if your UAI is lower than the required cut off this year, then if the average of your UAI and your first year (GPA) results is higher than the cut off next year (and you do the UMAT) then you will be able to make it in next year. Your main problem seems to be you haven't completed UMAT. Your results may not be a problem at all.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Captain� Obvious said:
Read the transfers guide. You can do any course that doesn't need UMAT, and if your UAI is lower than the required cut off this year, then if the average of your UAI and your first year (GPA) results is higher than the cut off next year (and you do the UMAT) then you will be able to make it in next year. Your main problem seems to be you haven't completed UMAT. Your results may not be a problem at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)