UWS Help (1 Viewer)

NikMedo

HSC
Hi..im looking at buying a laptop but its battery life aint the best..and was jsut wondering whether uws in general(hawkesbury campus preferred) have power supplies in their lecture rooms??

Also, i plan on doing a forensic course...anyone know if a laptop is really needed??

All answers appreciated.

Bananaberry

HSC
Not sure about Hawksbury, but when I was at Blacktown they have a few power outlets along the back wall of the big lecture theatre. All rooms are bound to have some power outlets, but not individual ones for every seat. I guess you will have to see where they are situated in the room and sit near it

HSC
N/A
there really isn't any at parramatta in most rooms.

lecture halls usually dont. (EA.G.18)

the really big one at EE has a few at the back,but that seats like 1100 students.

get a 9 cell battery, and recharge between classes

timmy_b

HSC
N/A
mate a laptop is your decision, i use mine everyday for my uni work but i do not use it during a lecture. Yes there is powerpoints at the back of the larger lecture rooms and theres a few throughout some of the smaller lecture rooms..

usually the people who bring laptops sit at the back and do there own thing, at the end of the day there just a distraction during a lecture, eg. Solitaire.

Bananaberry

HSC
Yes, I dont think they are nessesary in lectures, in fact I only saw a handfull of students have them in lectures the whole 3 years I was there. Its fine to get one for home use or to take to the library, but its quite rare you see on in a lecture.

HSC
N/A
yeah man
first week i was like

man i got so much crap to type up..

but then i realised its all on vuws
haha..

silly me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)