V. communication design questions..help plz (1 Viewer)

Baby_Monkey88

HSC
urm..i'm thinking of getting into v.com design next year but i haven't done any art in year 11 or 12. do they have like, tutorials on drawing techniques and stuff? like billy blue does? i did do art in year 10 but that's the only 'proper' drawing lessons i've got. Will that affect how i do in this course at all? thanks.

jaydot

HSC
I am almost 99% sure that Billy Blue do offer drawing classes/tuts. as you say, but in regards to VCOM. You could give the UTS Hand Book a good look at, otherwise, email the director of the faculty?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Assumed knowledge: Any two units of English.

Recommended studies: Studies in a range of science, humanities, visual arts or design subjects. If you are a non-current school leaver, previous studies and work experience in a related industry would be of assistance.
So I would take this to mean, they don't expect that you will know all about visual arts, but it would help..

Also, by looking at the units in the UTS handbook they seem to all be introductory type units. So I guess as long as you're sufficiently interested in the field and disciplined then you should be ok.

Also, there are several TAFEs and community colleges, and even art galleries who do have visual arts prep courses and introductory courses that you could take beforehand if you felt the need.

spillargroove

HSC
There will be an emphasis on design theory (study) and gradually practical work. Billy Blue clearly states you will be learning how to draw from scatch but Billy Blue takes a different approach in that studying there prepares you for the industry head on with design briefs so on. Don't stress out because they really assume you know nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)