Vacancies, after the round offer? If there is no V what does it mean? (1 Viewer)

Jeelous

HSC
Uni Grad
Basically if there is no "V", there are no vacancies left to accommodate for new students. Try adding your course as a first preference anyways, there might be a spot if people don't accept their offer. Goodluck :)

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
If there is no V there are no vacancies.

The only reason a Uni might take some places from that course if there is a significant number of those in Main Round which have not accepted their offer. This is often a /VERY/ small portion.

Generally, I wouldn't recommend applying to a course with no V's as the chances of getting are are extremely slim.

Aysce

HSC
Doesn't hurt to try, hey? :)

danielau

HSC
Why does the atar requirement change in the late round if they dont accept vacancies? in the previous years all courses without a (v) still changed and offers were given :/

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Why does the atar requirement change in the late round if they dont accept vacancies? in the previous years all courses without a (v) still changed and offers were given :/
Thats because when ppl withdraw/reject a course, it opens up new vacancies for other ppl. So lets say 5 ppl withdraw from Med Science at Usyd, the uni will then take 5 ppl with the highest atar to replace em and those 5 best ppl may have atars >95+, hence increasing the atar requirement. So even if more than 5 ppl apply for the same course (late round) and if all of them meet the atar requirement, the uni will choose the top 5 atars to replace the ones who rejected their offers.

Last edited:

danielau

HSC
Thats because when ppl withdraw/reject a course, it opens up new vacancies for other ppl. So lets say 5 ppl withdraw from Med Science at Usyd, the uni will then take 5 ppl with the highest atar to replace em and those 5 best ppl may have atars >95+, hence increasing the atar requirement. So even if more than 5 ppl apply for the same course (late round) and if all of them meet the atar requirement, the uni will choose the top 5 atars to replace the ones who rejected their offers.
Ahh! So thats how it works. Would you mind taking your time to help me with my query http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=299365 .does this also apply for courses that HAVE vacancies from the main round too? thanks a lot

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep, it also applies for courses that have vacancies (depending on the amount of spots left). So lets say B. Med Science at UWS had vacancies (i.e 20 spots for late round), and if 50 ppl applied for the course (all of whom met the atar requirement), the uni would select the best 20 atars to fill up the spots, hence increasing the atar for the final round. But if a course had vacancies, you'd most likely get in late round if you are over the atar threshold, though this might depend on the demand of the course and how many ppl applied for the course. Nws, I'll have a look at the other query :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)