VB call another form (1 Viewer)

Kupow pow

HSC
What do i do..if i want to call another form..(form2) to come up like a dialogue box(when command1 is pressed)..and allow the user to be able to print transaction records which are displayed on that form

Kupow pow

HSC
yeh i tried that but it didn't work, cos first i have to display the info on the form and then have a print button

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Kupow pow
yeh i tried that but it didn't work, cos first i have to display the info on the form and then have a print button
uno... ur question doesnt really make much sense... perhaps you really shoudl rephrase wtf you're trying to do in logical sense...

you're trying to show a form, like wat is this form for? is it a print preview dialog? be a bit more descriptive, because half the time we're sitting here trying to understand wat the question is, and at most of the time, we find it harder to figure out the question than figure out a solution to it.

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
From what I think you 'might' be trying to say:

You want to send INFO from one form to another.
Some things you need to know.

1. If you want to send info to another form, that form must first be open. So my guess is that you are trying to send info before the form is open?
If so: just open the form, then send whatever you are trying to send, then refresh the form.

2. The form you are sending from must be open at the same time.

(These two points may have been irrelevant if you are first sending info to a global variable)

3. To use objects on another form:
formName.objectName.command

-m.

Merforga

If you're using data, you could use a module to store Global Data...though it might not be extremely effective, it works. That's what i used for my yr 11 project to transfer names and the like across forms.

HSC
if u are using vb.net when transfering info on the formload event of the second form then call all the vairables and stuff
ie form1.nameofobject.text

and on the onclick event for the first form use me.hide as it can then pass through info to other pages

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)