VIC driver's license test (1 Viewer)

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
Has anybody done theirs in Burwood? The office is just off the Burwood Hwy, which is pretty easy driving. I have a friend who did it there a few years ago and he said all he did was 10 minutes of driving plus angle parking (literally just driving into the spot).

Does the test just consist of driving + one of the three parking types (3 point turn, reversing towards the curb and angle parking)?

Any advice would be appreciated, cos I am getting more nervous as the test gets closer

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
well i dont live in vic, and not many people on this site do but iam sure the test isnt all that different.

In nsw all you have to do is 3pointturn, reverse park, curbside stop and general driving[which usually includes a roundabout, hill start, lane changing, right hand turns, school zone etc]

If you have practised you will be fine, just relax and drive normal, even if you make a few mistakes[mistakes you think are big] you can still pass with ease. In mine i accidently cancled by blinker and forgot to put it back on and i thought that was a huge mistake but i still passed.

drive around for maybe 1/2 hour before the test to get back into your groove and feel the car. Drive slow, it gives you more time to react and helps you not go over the limit, 5-10kms under is a good idea.

If you do anything though, just keep calm and relax, you will make way more mistakes if you are stressed and nervous.

CieL

HSC
Dont you guys have a handbook stating all the things which may be tested and assessed upon?

I know my test only took about 10mins..

But all the road rules in Vic are fk'd up.. like wtf is a left hook turn?? Who the hell in their right mind would turn right in the far left lane?? At least that's what I was told it was.. no such thing exists in Syd..

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I did mine there...it was really easy.

There are 5 slow moving maneuvers you could be tested on
*90 degree angle parking
*45 degree angle parking
*parallel parking (can touch curb)
*3 pt turn (can't touch curb)
*pt to pt reversing (can't remember if that's what it's actually called)

You get 2 mins to complete the maneuver (from start to leaving) and 2 shots at it (as in drive in reverse and drive in again)

Burwood is really quite easy...i suck at driving and i passed.

It really doesn't feel like it's that long once you get into it. Shouldn't your instructor have gone through all this though?

@ CieL: haha hook turns...i am yet to try one of those...don't plan on driving in the city anytime soon -_-

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
I went to school in Vic, and I watched everyone in my year who has even seen a car from a distance but never driven one get their Ps easily (ACT was so much harder)

You will need to go through, one traffic light, one stop sign, one give way sign and so one of the parks, everyone I know who did the test had to do a normal front in park

If you fail, give up driving and never try again

If you want to be able to drive, move... get taught by someone reasonable and try a pass a test anywhere else in the country

The Vic system is a complete joke, and by the by, almost everyone I know in Vic who is my age has had at least one crash so far

CieL

HSC
@ miss_b: Not everyone goes through a driving instructor =] (unless there's some rule in Vic saying it's compulsory it get an instructor, then I take it back)

@ Nashie: Sorry, but Victorian drivers are a complete joke.. whenever I see a car in Syd with the Vic plate on it, I try to steer at least 100m away from them.. They're wayyyy to unpredictable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)