Victorian bushfires (1 Viewer)

HSC
this thread has no point now lol

Is backburning enough to do this? Do the flames reach high enough? Do enough seeds get cracked open? Me says no.

You ever seen a "backburn" put in? flame height should be kept below 1.5m (not the scorch height), thats usually enough for native plants.

if you burn to much, it changes the vegetation you usually only conduct a HR (hazard reduction) around towns, and close to rds. (not over 400 000 odd Ha)

yeah, greenies are partly to blame

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
damnit i may have been wrong about that one but i'm not giving up yet. must consult dirty first year notes from unsw

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Whatever I forget the type of plants the dude was talking about. Still, answer the question: Is backburning enough to do this? Do the flames reach high enough? Do enough seeds get cracked open? Me says no.

The point boris was making was that rainforests don't burn. Which was entirely incorrect. And the fires did get to the rainforest in the RNP guy.

Ok luv can you go back and read where these posts originally came from rather than making me explain these things to you?

No I'll explain it anyway.

BACKBURNING SHOULD BE KEPT AWAY FROM RAINFORESTS IN AUSTRALIA.
i bet u believe lysenko's biology too

orthentix

HSC
Shame, know what will probably double the deaths? Suicide unfortunately. All the people fleeing their house coming home to a house that no longer stands, without the refuge of insurance. All the emergency service personnel witnessing such horrific scenes. My heart goes out to the ones left...

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I don't really about the suspect's race, I care about his sentence. How much do you think the harshness be affected by the public's demand for justice. Very little chance for a fair trial, and yet I find it very hard to gather any strands of sympathy for the man.
What kind of evidence do they have against him?

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
imagine if the arsonist was Muslim? IMAGINE.

f-omar

HSC
Today we had mufti in our school
We had to raise more than $1000 altogether!

novelle

HSC
the whole thing is horrible.
its actually horrible.

its sad to think that so many innocent people are dead.
at least everyones helping out by donating money and stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)