video drama - music (1 Viewer)

bornforthis1

HSC
hey, I'm almost done editing my film for drama and most of the music i have used was written and recorded by a friend of mine so i have complete copyright for it, but now i have the problem that i have no music left for a few of the middle scenes in the film because what she's recorded for me doesn't fit the mood. Are we allowed to use music by real musicians and just say "used without permission" in the credits? i know for ext English films you can, it just means you can't be put on the dvd of band 6 films from that year, anyone know if that's the same deal for drama? you can use whatever music you like it just can't go on onstage?
please and thanks

trento654

HSC
i'm screwed music wise, the only thing that i need to get done and can barely find anything that suits my vids sequences
ahhh well,tuesday arvo it's all over anyway, no point

m2o2o3d0y

HSC
Hey yer what Kiim2507 said im pretty sure is right cos my drama teacher said that you can use music from otehr artists for that reason.. just unless you have legal copyright to use it, then you cant put it on any film festival stuff and all

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
NOt that this matters now, as the OP has done the assignment, but if you look at samples from other HSC videos, you'll see that majority of them have music by established artists. Just make sure you credit reference it.

student22

HSC
On Screen

Hey,
have found it so hard getting music for mine.. that is my hardest thing. Just wondering if thats true that you cant go to onstage if u use actual artists music???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)