Video-ians (1 Viewer)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
VonDavis said:
Check the syllabus ....

Individual Project: Video Drama
This project will involve the preparation of a short but complete Video Drama which will be a narrative developed by the student. Students should work within the parameters of this project. Video Dramas significantly under time will be penalised and material that exceeds the stipulated time limit will be disregarded.
The project will include:
• a 300-word rationale in the form of a director’s concept/vision for the Video Drama (see page 34)
• a Video Drama which must be 5–7 minutes in length and submitted in one of the following formats:
– DVD-R (not DVD-RW) 4.7 GB capacity disc
– DVD
– Standard VHS videotape
– Super VHS videotape

The project will require the student to undertake the roles of writer, director, camera operator and editor.
oo thanks for clearing that up :) that makes it soo much easier :)

publiccrazy

HSC
thankee muchly. i wasn't sure if i would actually have to buy a dvd burner or if SVCD would be good enough, but there we go, looks like i'll need a dvd burner. sigh.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
How is everyone actually going with their films?
Starting/In process/Finished/editting?????

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
still havent done anything... i dont its bad...

ive just changed my idea for the 3rd time... and ive had little breakdowns but im getting stuck into it now..

publiccrazy

HSC
i've done about half my filming and am getting my editing equipment within several weeks. i've been set back several times by an actor with back troubles and the weather. for continuity i've had to put off filming two weeks because of weekend rain. grr.

it's about time you stuck with an idea i thinks now muse. what's your movie about at the moment?

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Yeh Muse I agree with publiccrazy I know you probably hear it alot but you should just really get anything and put it into a screenplay ... If you need any help with any ideas or with screenplays ect ... anything feel free to ask. But honestly if you haven't organised much now maybe you should work on a monologue just in case .... Totally stick with film but work on a monologue just in case.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
publiccrazy said:
i've done about half my filming and am getting my editing equipment within several weeks. i've been set back several times by an actor with back troubles and the weather. for continuity i've had to put off filming two weeks because of weekend rain. grr.

it's about time you stuck with an idea i thinks now muse. what's your movie about at the moment?
What editing equipment are you using?

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
VonDavis said:
Yeh Muse I agree with publiccrazy I know you probably hear it alot but you should just really get anything and put it into a screenplay ... If you need any help with any ideas or with screenplays ect ... anything feel free to ask. But honestly if you haven't organised much now maybe you should work on a monologue just in case .... Totally stick with film but work on a monologue just in case.
its ok i have an idea and im sticking with the other girl in my class doing video.. she hasnt filmed yet either we're gonna help each other out.. stop worrying people haha its all good :)

publiccrazy

HSC
looks like i'll be working in ulead 7. but i'm not sure yet if the version i have is going to work, i'm getting a computer made up at the moment.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
publiccrazy said:
drama art and music extension with all performance electives.
well let's hope that you are motivated to complete all of them

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Hey publiccrazy you're from Galston? You wouldn't happen to know Sarah, Yvonne and Alex Jimenez? (Or Pawney not sure when the last name was changed) and Lewis Donovan. Remember when you were in year 8 or 9 and some kid did a nudie run on the roof of your gym during an assembly??

sarahlouiseir

HSC
mine is kinda nutso
i really tried so hard to get away from the "oh myg od i hate my life and want to die" genre
mines called FaiThful
this freaken thing is crazy it chews up SO much memory
ive had to buy more ram
and why are you guys buying stuff?
My school is lending me EVERYTHING
cameras lights, tripods etc
props and costume is just me borrowing stuff and going through vinnies every day!!!
i love it its so much fun
we are allowed to be so creative
have fun!!!
get back to me bout anything ur having probs with im sure we can all help each other

publiccrazy

HSC
von davis, yes, no, well....sort of. i don't KNOW them but i recognise the name sarah jiminez or however it's spelt. lewis donovan yes. and unless i was simply away on the particular thursday it happened and no one decided to tell me about it, no one ever streaked across the roof of the gym.

sarah, i'm buying things because my school is pov and doesn't have most of the equipment and what they have they keep under lock and key as much as possible and don't lend out at all. erm..... yes, that's right. costumes and props is all stuff i had already, i owned a camera, but i want to start doing more film making anyway so it makes sense to buy the equipment.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
How is everyone's film coming together? finished filming ... Haven't started filming .... Editing ... Finished completely? ........

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i started filming about a week ago, only got a minute and a half worth of stuff, would of got more but we (my female actor and myself) were in a VERY isolated place and these 2 scary guys came down and were following us so we had to stop and go home. Hope to get some more stuff within the next week

publiccrazy

HSC
i've finished my filming, but when i watched it back there's some stuff i might want to change and redo, so i may not have so much finished. haven't started editing though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)