Visual Representation of Macbeth (1 Viewer)

philtration

HSC
Hi guys i've got an assignment where i have to create a visual representation of an aspect of the play Macbeth by Shakespeare. I was just wondering what you guys think of my visual representation which i tried to incorporate guilt, betrayal, death, murder. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

I have added an edited version of the graphic please tell me what you think.

Last edited:

Mudkip94

HSC
Looks like it was created in Microsoft Paint...

The only thing I can see in that is death...

lychnobity

HSC
Cliched representation, resembles a death metal album cover.

What happened to being subtle?

philtration

HSC
Well honestly I wasn't sure what to make of it in the first place at all, i was thinking of making a collage to show the 'ambition for power' but wasn't to sure of how to do it, so started googling so images and sorta put that together and wasn't to sure if it was worth handing in or not thts y i post it here.
After completing it I thought the text would link to 'murder' as the blood is dripping down, and seeing that the guy in the middle is sort of running away would show that something wrong occured and now he is trying to run away. This would be showing his 'guilt' (Macbeth killing the king, then killing the people who suspected him)

Btw wat do you mean by 'subtle' and how would i make it look better?

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Subtle means to make it less obvious what your portraying. In this case, it would mean removing the obvious references to death. Try to use angles to create power and status. Use the face and body to show guilt, ambition, control etc.

philtration

HSC
I have created another representation. Here I left the text to symbolise murder, the grim reaper to symbolise his sins, graveyard to foreshadow his death. I have also added a fence to show that Macbeth has 'crossed' the line and there is now a mountain to symbolise his power.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
i think your 'Macbeth.jpg' one is pretty elaborate.
you might also add that the person(looks more like a zombie =P) is stumbling down the stairs, symbolizing the rapid downfall of macbeth, psychologically, leading to his demise.
i couldnt find the 'mountain' you claim to have put in the picture.
you could replace the qoute with something more heedful
hmm..i also suggest you have some sort of implicit notification to the 'good' of the story as this exemplifies how the 'guilt, betrayal,murder' ultimately leads to 'death'.
i bet everyone will jsut focus on the dark side of macbeth, while you cuold go further by providing contrast through some refulgent effect. I mean cmmon, there were good guys as well.
overall i'd give it an 8.

lychnobity

HSC
The new representation is much, much better. Good job on the subtlety, the feel of it is much more haunting and symbolic.

If I were you, I'd superimpose eyes on it to add to the grand idea of a hero's tragic downfall, a sense of personal conflict if you will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)